Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after hours of looking I cant quite figured out the difference between the 93-95 and 96-97. Catch everyone up to speed start this project with a spare engine from a friend I was helping and slowly gathered other stuff. Recently I got a set of rims off a 96. Didn't know it until i received them because eBay sellers and I've been trying to stick to the 93-95 so I have front end minus rim from a 94 and I need help on what rotors to get to fit the mix if it's possible. Thank you in advance.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,217 Posts
I’ll explain some in US spec. 93-94 share the same rims. 95 is its own animal, as the change to delete the front speedo gear happened. The rear wheel 93-95 is the same. All SC28 model.

Jump to 96-97 (SC33 model). Should be same front rim as 95, and the rotors should swap over. The rear however shanked slightly with the new swing arm design. Spacing is different.

So, if you have a 94 front end (forks etc), the 95-97 front rims will fit with their spacers. Everything will line up. The rotors on the 93-94 are different because of the ID of the carrier and the bolt holes.

I hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts