Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Code 25, Knock Sensor. I R&R'd Knock Sensor with a new one and still have Code 25. I have also replaced 4 spark plugs. Is a new ECU the next step? I also have a 2005 R12X Aquatrax. Can I swap ECU's? They have different part numbers and different connections. Can I replace the wiring harness in the 2002 with the 2005 harness and use the 2005 ECU? Any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a Code 25, Knock Sensor. I R&R'd Knock Sensor with a new one and still have Code 25. I have also replaced 4 spark plugs. Is a new ECU the next step? I also have a 2005 R12X Aquatrax. Can I swap ECU's? They have different part numbers and different connections. Can I replace the wiring harness in the 2002 with the 2005 harness and use the 2005 ECU? Any other suggestions?

Are these motorcycles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they are not motorcycles. They are Honda watercraft. I saw your post in a watercraft forum where you stated that you were very familiar with Honda watercraft ECUs. My ECU problem is further complicated by the fact that the 2002 and 2003 turbo watercraft ECUs are on back order and have been for a while and the 2005 Honda watercraft that I also have has a different ECU part number and wiring harness, however they are available from Honda immediately. The option to R&R the ECU and wiring harness from my 2002 and install a 2005 ECU and wire harness. Any experience with this swap or any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
no they are not motorcycles. They are Honda watercraft. I saw your post in a watercraft forum where you stated that you were very familiar with Honda watercraft ECUs. My ECU problem is further complicated by the fact that the 2002 and 2003 turbo watercraft ECUs are on back order and have been for a while and the 2005 Honda watercraft that I also have has a different ECU part number and wiring harness, however they are available from Honda immediately. The option to R&R the ECU and wiring harness from my 2002 and install a 2005 ECU and wire harness. Any experience with this swap or any other suggestions?

I've never posted anything about watercraft anywhere.
I would assume the systems are fairly similar to bikes, but not having any experience with watercraft I have no idea what other functions the ECU might deal with.
What does "R&R'ed" mean?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts