Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help in an ASP web page.

What I have is a window which has two frames. The top frame has two jump menus eg. pull down menus without "GO" buttons. The first menu is populated with "Categories" eg. Honda,Yamaha etc.

If you select Honda, then the second menu is populated with Honda models eg. CBR, VFR etc. When you select CBR from the second menu, then the second frame displays the details. Basically it's like a master detail / search engine schema.

The line of code which does that for me to a tee is

<select name="select" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent.frames[\'mainFrame\']',this,1)">

The problem which I have, is that the second menu does not retain the bike model. It defaults back to "Please Choose a Model"
Any ideas on how to retain that info or how to pass a parameter to bring you back to the search stage. :idunno:

I've been stuck on this for quite a while. :huh:

Many Thanks :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ConqSoft said:
That's more of a JS question than an ASP question. :D Zip up the source files and attach them and I'll take a look.
This is the source file in question. And don't freak out if you see some Greek in there :eyebrows:

Thanks Conq.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Ok, you'll want to pass the category ID on the URL, then pass it back when you go back to the main page. Then in your loop where you're outputting the <OPTIONS>, put an IF statement in there to compare the current ID to the one you passed back in, if true, then put "SELECTED" on that option.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Dealing with different frames on dynamic sites is a nightmare, I'd suggest you save youself the pain and change the design so its all on one page using tables rather than frames. Unless of course you have absolutely no choice, then I hope like hell Conq's suggestion does the trick (I haven't looked at the code so not sure) otherwise you are in for some late nights.

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input fellow .org members :thumb:

I managed to find where to insert that damned if statement... :rolleyes:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--

function MM_jumpMenu(targ,selObj,restore){ //v3.0
if (selObj.selectedIndex == 0)
return;