Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about flush mount turn signals.  I recently got at K&S Flush mounts (25-8068) for my CBR 929 and when I tried to wire it and I turned on the signal it would blink really fast.  My question is there a way to wire it so it blinks OEM style?  or am I better off getting a different brand like LP?

joe

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Is it a dual filament so you have the running lights? Sounds like it may just be plugged into the wrong wire. On the front, the two wires in the one plastic plug (orange or blue) are the ground and running lights. The single wire with the white plastic plug on the end is the turn signal wire.
On the rear there's only 2 wires, so that's straightforward.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I had the same thing w/ my LP short stalks. I tried connecting the wires differently, and as I expected any change in how I had it made the light not work at all. Only one way made it blink, but it blinked fast. Made the front blink fast as well. Doesn't bother me, so I didn't do anything about it. Nor do I think there is anything to do.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine blink fast too. A relay can be purchased to correct that, but I actually like the faster flashing. Seems to get peoples attention.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
You need to use resistors to slow the speed of the blink down. Some aftermarket signals use the same amount of power as the stock ones, so they'll blink normally. Some use less, so you'll get a fast blink. (that's the dumb'ed down version of the description)

http://members.fireblades.org/flasher2001

He has some info on his short stalk signal modification page, along with a diagram on how to wire the resistors in.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
An example, when I switched out the signals on my 929 to LP FlushMount IV's, I had to use 150ohms of resistors (on each side) to get the blink rate back to normal. Flasher2001 had to use a lot less to get his right. With the short stalks I added to my XX on the rear, I didn't ave to do anything since the bulbs matched stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts