Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 01 CBR 929 RR and recently purchased a Hindle slip on however after taking off the stock muffler there is a metal cone inside the header pipe and the hindle pipe fits over it but does not but up against the header pipe all the way.

I spoke with someone at Hindle and they said that it is a fitting that can be removed and once it is the pipe will fit properly is that correct please help.

Thank You

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I'm surprised that the can doesn't fit over it. I thought the only slip-on that required removing the cone was the two brothers. :idunno: No matter, cut it off, it won't hurt anything. You'll need a hacksaw and some elbow grease. Leave about 1 inch. Then put the new can on and use some high-temp gasket sealer.

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
I'm surprised that the can doesn't fit over it. I thought the only slip-on that required removing the cone was the two brothers. :idunno: No matter, cut it off, it won't hurt anything. You'll need a hacksaw and some elbow grease. Leave about 1 inch. Then put the new can on and use some high-temp gasket sealer.

Yep. Thats what I would do. I know some people do cut the cone off anyway.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
My Hindle bolt-on had an extra gasket that gave you the option of leaving the cone on by spacing the cannister another 1/4" from the flange. I cut the cone anyway, as anytime you can remove weight without sacrificing safety or performance, it makes the decision easy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hack that cone off, with a hacksaw-around 5-10 minutes...it can only help a bit, cant hurt!! :thumb: Definitely leave an inch and use some high temp silicone around the stock copper gasket when you reseal...

·
Registered
316 Posts
NYC954RR said:
hack that cone off, with a hacksaw-around 5-10 minutes...it can only help a bit, cant hurt!! :thumb: Definitely leave an inch and use some high temp silicone around the stock copper gasket when you reseal...

yup!! thats how i did mine.... sorry to hijack but i currently own the stealth model, anybody want to sell their supersport version??

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
MrX954 said:
Order the header from Hindle and just replace the whole system :nod:
He would need to return the bolt on, as it won't work with a set of headers/mid-pipe.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Oh yea I forgot the stock exhaust was a bolt on, I only saw mine when I brought my bike home the day I bought it, then my already waiting full hindle went on.

You're right I'm a dumbazz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts