Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a rear stand that lifts by the spools,

i put nice new shiny blue spools on as well

now problem is stand has metal that hooks the metal spools which causes inevitable scratching of the blue spools

n e one know wat i can do about this, or are scratches on the spools expected?

and does n e one know of a liquid like glue or sumthin i could put on the stand so that it is softer and doesnt scratch?

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
The spools are so much better than the old type (IMO), i have R&G spools.

It would be expected as its metal on metal, the only thing at the moment that springs to mind is to use rubber on the stand itself?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I think it's expected to have scratching. Good thing is, the scratches are on the bottom and not very visible. I don't know if rubber will allow the spool to slide into place well enough. Nylon protectors over the stand tips would really help.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Could try just putting a rag over the stand's hooks so that the spools rest on the cloth which rests on the stand.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bought the LP swing arm sliders/spools, which are plastic w/ a carbon sleeve and ran into the same problem. I just bought a cheap pair of spools on eBay to swap out when working on the stand. You could probably buy a plastic lining spray (similar to a truck bed lining) at any auto parts store, or hardware store.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go to your local hardware store and pic up some "Tool Dip". It is a rubber coating that goes on the handles of pliers!! It will work for what you want as long as you do two coatings at least on the stand itself!

Laters.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I took a piece of 3/8 inch clear tubing about 1 1/2 inches long, split it length-wise and pressed it over the bracket on the swingarm stand. No scratches on my spools.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I took a piece of 3/8 inch clear tubing about 1 1/2 inches long, split it length-wise and pressed it over the bracket on the swingarm stand. No scratches on my spools.
Now there's a great idea segiano. Effective and simple. :clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts