Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man what horrible ways mother nature can treat people. My SO's grandfather had a stroke and has no short term memory. It's so sad. The poor guy just sits around staring off into space. It's hard for her family cause he used to be so happy and full of life. Man I almost wanted to cry for them last night. We(my SO and I)were leaving to go to my house and he started to cry uncontrollably. He thought that she was leaving for good. The poor guy takes a nap and wakes up not realizing where he is or who's with him. He doesn't know what kind of food he likes or dislikes, doesn't know when it's time to eat, or even when it's time to sleep. Really makes me appreciate what most of us have every day and take for granted.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Reaper, that is sad. I cannot imagine dealing with that.

Live for today. You never know what life has in store for you.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
My sincerest sympathy, my friend.

I have similar things happening within my own family.

I am at a loss for words..................

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, really helps. This weekend he was doing so much better. He knows when he's hungry now that's for sure. He seemed to be a bit more vocal and looked a little happier. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
My Father recently suffered a stroke after having bypass surgery. And although it was quite debilitating at first, he’s come a long way. The mind and body are very resilient, and with therapy and family interaction it’s possible to recover much of what is lost. His mobility is about 90-95% and his speech/thought process is about the same. He still gets emotional very easily, but we don’t mind. I think it bothers him more than it does us. I can tell you this….there is a lot more hugging in my family now every time we meet or depart. Don’t loose hope there is usually light at the end of the tunnel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts