Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,532 Posts
Looks like a rider, not a project :wink

That’s the 2nd generation 90-93 RC36?

When Honda reintroduced the VFR in 90 I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for more of the original 1986 design. I had my Hurricane 600F and there was a demo 750 at the dealer. I remember it feeling gutless (aka broad V4 power), very comfortable, and easy to ride. I was so used to my in line peak HP and narrow bars that when I got back on the 600 I turned out of the parking lot and almost turned it right into the ground :rotfl:

What’s in store for the V4? Rhyme intended :nerd

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a rider, not a project :wink

That’s the 2nd generation 90-93 RC36?

When Honda reintroduced the VFR in 90 I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for more of the original 1986 design. I had my Hurricane 600F and there was a demo 750 at the dealer. I remember it feeling gutless (aka broad V4 power), very comfortable, and easy to ride. I was so used to my in line peak HP and narrow bars that when I got back on the 600 I turned out of the parking lot and almost turned it right into the ground :rotfl:

What’s in store for the V4? Rhyme intended :nerd
Plastics off first thing, their going Red, not been ridden in 3 years so see whats underneath, got it from a chap who wasn't really bothered about the price( got it for £660) just as long as it was going to a good home, a real salt of the earth kind of bloke, had one of these myself a while back, loved it, but it does look in good nick doesn't it, going to keep him posted as to progress:wink

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the bike yesterday,runs sweet as a nut, new Metzlers, plastics original ,but again split and breaks here and there, aint no problem as it's all getting rubbed down for respray, but getting it professionally sprayed this time , I'll do the prep,brakes very good as is the pads, just mucky:wink

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bit further on with the paint, all done just need flattening then ready for lacquer, decals after that, could be ready this week:smile
Edit; Actually did the spray myself with rattle cans, came out not too bad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeh ,forgot how comfortable these are to ride, bit heavy compared to the 954, but dont think I'll sell it on now:smile

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Nice find! going thru your thread reminds me of all the paint work and repairs I did to my bike just recently.
Nice work on that tank!
And what a great platform, VFR750, but I'm curious what year you have and what the 'p' is. All I could find about vfr750fp was this from Wiki,

"In the Japanese domestic market there were other VFR750F variants:

VFR750P - A police-specification model with its own distinctive model number (RC35) was restricted to 77 ps (75 hp) and fitted with a five-speed gearbox, modified main stand, gear indicator, uprated alternator, crash bars, higher handlebars, and modified speedometer. This bike was not offered for sale to the general public."

Anyway, looks like you're doing a bangup job of it! Good luck, I'm sure it will look really good when you're done.

Oh yeah, I freaking love the sound of gear driven cams!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice find! going thru your thread reminds me of all the paint work and repairs I did to my bike just recently.
Nice work on that tank!
And what a great platform, VFR750, but I'm curious what year you have and what the 'p' is. All I could find about vfr750fp was this from Wiki,

"In the Japanese domestic market there were other VFR750F variants:

VFR750P - A police-specification model with its own distinctive model number (RC35) was restricted to 77 ps (75 hp) and fitted with a five-speed gearbox, modified main stand, gear indicator, uprated alternator, crash bars, higher handlebars, and modified speedometer. This bike was not offered for sale to the general public."

Anyway, looks like you're doing a bangup job of it! Good luck, I'm sure it will look really good when you're done.

Oh yeah, I freaking love the sound of gear driven cams!
Hi Jon , fp-1993 thats all , really is a smooth bike got it for £600 and not spent too much on it, had a lot of Honda spare parts that cross over:grin

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cannot believe the difference between the yellow and red Spaggy, looks like a completely different and awesome bike, WOW, good call nicely done:clap::clap::clap:
Welcome back Bill, thought you might have left us, but I see you were just busy doing what we do :wink
Just a little work on the Blade now , did feel a little notchy on the steering so will put in new tapered bearings:smile

1 - 20 of 22 Posts