Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for banging on about this but there ya go! The tapping noise that I thought was the CCT is still there. I tried to adjust the chain as per instructions but there was no free play in the screw - so little change there.

I have noticed that its quieter (but not gone) when the engine is hot, and I can induce the sound when riding by opening the throttle even a little - but more so on acceleration. No noise when idling though, only under the throttle!

I know this is a pain in the arse subject but all advice appreciated!

Tony...(UK)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's not pre detonation is it, does it sound like marbles rolling around in a bottle?, if so your fuel is a too lower octane.FWIW

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we don't have the option for different octane fuels here in the UK anyway. It sounds more like a 'TAT, TAT, TAT....' that increases in speed as the engine does.

Performance is great no complaints there, just don't want her to go bang on me! :eek:

Tony...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apologies for banging on about this but there ya go! The tapping noise that I thought was the CCT is still there. I tried to adjust the chain as per instructions but there was no free play in the screw - so little change there.

I have noticed that its quieter (but not gone) when the engine is hot, and I can induce the sound when riding by opening the throttle even a little - but more so on acceleration. No noise when idling though, only under the throttle!

I know this is a pain in the arse subject but all advice appreciated!

Tony...(UK)
I had an annoying ticking noise on another bike once. Turned out to be a really small hole in one of the exhaust headers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts