Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't start my bike either. A 929 with vin number SC44E. Reading your in info on the HISS. Does my bike have this? The bike turns over but has no spart of power to the fuel pump.

I have been using a copy key, this is when the problems began. The bike is at the shop now...but it may just be the key, right?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I can't start my bike either. A 929 with vin number SC44E. Reading your in info on the HISS. Does my bike have this? The bike turns over but has no spart of power to the fuel pump.

I have been using a copy key, this is when the problems began. The bike is at the shop now...but it may just be the key, right?

Cheers
As far as I'm aware all non-US bikes have HISS but I haven't looked at every country's models. If it has "HISS" written above the ignition switch then it has HISS.
If your bike has HISS then it requires a key that is already coded into the ECU.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi I am trying to do the same thing to my UK 929 as it has packed up and verything but the ecu checks out but £1000 is more than the bike is worth

any help would be appreciated

cheers
Dave
Hi Dave,
there is a place in the uk that sells replacement ecu with coded kegs for about 250 pounds this is the link and ask for jake tell him clem gave you his name hope he can help. is www.motomatrix.co.uk .... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi Dave,
there is a place in the uk that sells replacement ecu with coded kegs for about 250 pounds this is the link and ask for jake tell him clem gave you his name hope he can help. is www.motomatrix.co.uk .... :thumb:
You did notice that he posted that in November '06?
And hasn't been back in nearly a year.
Last Activity: 04-04-2009 2:07 AM

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ya i did just after i sent it , sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No worries :)
At least the info is there for anybody that might find this thread in the future :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
No worries :)
At least the info is there for anybody that might find this thread in the future :)
i ve been reading your posts guys,same problem here.got the new i mean used ECU and it wont start for some reason..my bike is US. AND I bought the ECU in U.S but the strange thing is that the old ECU DIDNT start the engine because the fuel couldnt get to the cylinger,when puting the fuel manualy in the cylinders the engine fires and is starting..and the New ECU seems to have the same problem but also the elecrtic wont get to the SPARK PLUG...wich the old one Does
we just dont get the bike service at all and iam struggling a lot please help
i was just thinking that the new ECU needs the hiss imobiliser keys as well but as i read to ur posts US hondas doens need that..i dont even whant to think that the new ECU IS broken as well:(

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i ve been reading your posts guys,same problem here.got the new i mean used ECU and it wont start for some reason..my bike is US. AND I bought the ECU in U.S but the strange thing is that the old ECU DIDNT start the engine because the fuel couldnt get to the cylinger,when puting the fuel manualy in the cylinders the engine fires and is starting..and the New ECU seems to have the same problem but also the elecrtic wont get to the SPARK PLUG...wich the old one Does
i was just thinking that the new ECU needs the hiss imobiliser keys as well but as i read to ur posts US hondas doens need that..i dont even whant to think that the new ECU IS broken as well:(

The bike used to run fine but something went wrong with it?
How do you know it's a US-market bike?
It's not throwing any error codes on the dash?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The bike used to run fine but something went wrong with it?
How do you know it's a US-market bike?
It's not throwing any error codes on the dash?
the vin code i SC440 and the guy who send me the ECU Had a us Bike as well
on the dash bord it shows just f1 wich it did before i was running and nothing else..strange thing is that when it had engine problems i had bike in a garage for one year after i bought the new engine it wont start:( so i just dont think that both 2 ECU were broken there might be any other thing to look up?maybe the wire?maybe some cable is burn? but as i said when we put the fuel manualy in a cylinder the engine starts.the electic impulse doesnt comes to the fuel incjector wich send the fuel then to the cylinder and the bike will start

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
the vin code i SC440 and the guy who send me the ECU Had a us Bike as well
on the dash bord it shows just f1 wich it did before i was running and nothing else..strange thing is that when it had engine problems i had bike in a garage for one year after i bought the new engine it wont start:( so i just dont think that both 2 ECU were broken there might be any other thing to look up?maybe the wire?maybe some cable is burn? but as i said when we put the fuel manualy in a cylinder the engine starts.the electic impulse doesnt comes to the fuel incjector wich send the fuel then to the cylinder and the bike will start

You need to confirm whether or not the injectors are receiving a firing signal. You can do so with a multimeter or simply use a light bulb.
If they are receiving the signal then the injectors are probably blocked with fuel residue. If they are not receiving the signal then you'll need to determine why not - but I would expect a MIL warning on the dash if this were the case.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Gex.
you say you have no sprak at the plugs now, Did you try cleaning the electric connection. is the fuel pump running when you turn on the run switch, its sounds to me like you have a loose connection some where,;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
You need to confirm whether or not the injectors are receiving a firing signal. You can do so with a multimeter or simply use a light bulb.
If they are receiving the signal then the injectors are probably blocked with fuel residue. If they are not receiving the signal then you'll need to determine why not - but I would expect a MIL warning on the dash if this were the case.
the injectors are not receiving the firing signals..what is the MIL warning dont know.i ve found one pro guy whos gonna open the ECU bOX and will tell weather it is damaged inside or no

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
the injectors are not receiving the firing signals..what is the MIL warning dont know.i ve found one pro guy whos gonna open the ECU bOX and will tell weather it is damaged inside or no

The MIL is the Malfunction Warning Light flashing on the dash.
If the injectors are not receiving the signal and it's not throwing a MIL error then the problem is most likely one of the kill switches. Is the bank angle sensor hooked up and mounted correctly?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The MIL is the Malfunction Warning Light flashing on the dash.
If the injectors are not receiving the signal and it's not throwing a MIL error then the problem is most likely one of the kill switches. Is the bank angle sensor hooked up and mounted correctly?
i have to look that tomorrow then cause bike is in a garage,i do remeber that the red light was flashing and F1 was also on the board and something else was on the board will look it uo tommorow..and also i ve checked the wire as well wich conetcs to the ECU BOX and its not damaged

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Gex.
you say you have no sprak at the plugs now, Did you try cleaning the electric connection. is the fuel pump running when you turn on the run switch, its sounds to me like you have a loose connection some where,;)
hi clem yes the fuel pump is running.buut twice a time i had to move the connections and afterwards it run perfectly.and aslo clem with the Old ECU IT DOES HAVE Sprak on the plugs,and with the new one it doent have it is so confusing

·
Registered
257 Posts
hi clem yes the fuel pump is running.buut twice a time i had to move the connections and afterwards it run perfectly.and aslo clem with the Old ECU IT DOES HAVE Sprak on the plugs,and with the new one it doent have it is so confusing
;)hi Gex.why did you change the ECU, If you had a spark at the plug and the fuel pump was running with the old ECU it should have been just a case of checking for a signal at the injectors,I know a lot of guy that have had the same problem with loose connections, it just take time and patience to trace, like bladeracer says MIL light should be given you a code to let you know where to look,if you dont have a manaul let me know what the code is and i ll look it up for you on mine, best of luck with it.:thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
;)hi Gex.why did you change the ECU, If you had a spark at the plug and the fuel pump was running with the old ECU it should have been just a case of checking for a signal at the injectors,I know a lot of guy that have had the same problem with loose connections, it just take time and patience to trace, like bladeracer says MIL light should be given you a code to let you know where to look,if you dont have a manaul let me know what the code is and i ll look it up for you on mine, best of luck with it.:thumb:
hi clem fuel pump is running but the fuel doesnt comes to the injectors thats the problem as i said when we sprayed the fuel manualy in the cylynders the bike is starting..i looked today on the dash board and F1 ANd oil presure indicator is on the board and the red light blinks ocasionaly but iam sure when the bike will start the oil presure and f1 will disapear..i ve ordered the new wire loom hope it will help:( its been a hard to open the ECU to look if its damaged inside,hope will find out tomorrow

·
Registered
257 Posts
hi clem fuel pump is running but the fuel doesnt comes to the injectors thats the problem as i said when we sprayed the fuel manualy in the cylynders the bike is starting..i looked today on the dash board and F1 ANd oil presure indicator is on the board and the red light blinks ocasionaly but iam sure when the bike will start the oil presure and f1 will disapear..i ve ordered the new wire loom hope it will help:( its been a hard to open the ECU to look if its damaged inside,hope will find out tomorrow
Hi Gex, sorry i didnt get back to you sooner but been awy with work, well anyway from my understanding of it, if the fuel pump runs the ECU is ok. you need to count the amount of times the red loght blinks, ther should be one long blink and sone short blinks, the long = 10 and the short =1, so if it blinks 1 long and lets say 4 short that is 14. and the fault code is 14, you have to find out what the code is that then we can fix it,:thumb:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts