Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a 1000rr 2010 limited, and wanted to know a few answers to my questions.
I had a daytona 650, and added new can pcIII , gilles rearsets etc... but don't want to do the same to the rr. But , i do want to add a few bits. I've alreday added a carbon chain guard, seat sides and heel plates and evotech tail tidy, but i also want to add a can cover:

cbr1000 2008 2009 r8 rr9 cbr1000rr carbon can cover cbr on eBay (end time 10-Feb-11 21:07:00 GMT)

Are the 08 and 09 cans the same as the 2010 model?

If so, cool!

anyway, here's a picture or 2 of said bike:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Its brand new... seller was a dealer.
LOL, I meant the eBay seller! See if the cover fits the '10.

Although, you could ask the dealer if the exhaust is the same.

From what I remember, the 2010 model got minor changes to the tail fairing, some internal engine mods and that was about it.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
:welcome: Si

The chrome sleeve on the exhaust is exactly the same 08-10. The difference in the exhaust on the 2010 is there is a raised heat shield on the bottom the exhaust, it is primarilt a shield and probably helps mask the exhaust whitening problem which happens after a few thousand miles of heat cycles.

Great looking bike.

FWIW I would get a hugger as the underbelly of the bike gets a lot of abuse with the OEM excuse for one.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yes, nice bike, welcome to the world of filling the oil up every 1000 miles. (I'm in a nasty mood tonight!)
Somebody isn't a happy bunny........the 2010 bike "should" be better in this respect.

Hopefully.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, nice bike, welcome to the world of filling the oil up every 1000 miles. (I'm in a nasty mood tonight!)

I've never had such problems.....I know a few owners have had but not me. I don't touch the oil and I use my bike all year round. I've owned mine (08 model) since new.

anyway......

Nice bike but then I am slightly biased I love the current blade I never tired of the bikes looks. I do hate the exhaust whitening after a while and I had my original replaced under warranty. The problem seems to have been cured on newer models. Enjoy the new bike:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys.. i've ordered a load of Carbon bits for it... should look even better in a week or so... subtle though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts