Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just wanted to say hello,and tell you about the bike i got for free,it's a 1978 honda 400a hawkamaitic with 6000 miles all stock.some guy on my block did not want it anymore and just gave it to me.he told me it did not run,so i cleaned out the tank put a new plug and it started up on the 3'd kick:) .got to love the honda.hear are some pic's

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Nice bike! I belong to a Shriner's motorcycle unit and 400 Hondas were the mainstay of the fleet at one time and there are about 4 guys who still ride them in parades today. One in an automatic like yours. Very reliable and easy to manouvre in parades compared to what I have to throw around.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
How does the Automatic system work?

Do you select what gear you want (i.e. high/low), is it semi auto or do you just twist and go? I see the left lever on the handle bar and the gear change so doubt its the last one.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
How does the Automatic system work?

Do you select what gear you want (i.e. high/low), is it semi auto or do you just twist and go? I see the left lever on the handle bar and the gear change so doubt its the last one.
It is twist and go, 1st and 2nd all up, you select in the usual place by the foot and neutral is all the way down. If I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: Actually my brother-in-law has the same bike and I rode it a couple of times, but if you are curious, because thats how I like it, if the bike is a '78 I was 2 years old when it came out of the factory.:eyebrows: :D :whistle:
Actually that was far tmi about your age :eek: :rotfl:Young pup :smilebig:

And as for.......Actually my brother-in-law has the same bike and I rode it a couple of times ....... :rotfl:its always because someone else has one :rotfl:

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Actually that was far tmi about your age :eek: :rotfl:Young pup :smilebig:

And as for.......Actually my brother-in-law has the same bike and I rode it a couple of times ....... :rotfl:its always because someone else has one :rotfl:
Yea really what would my friends think if I rode an automatic:rotfl: I don't feel a day over 19.....mentally.:smilebig: :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.