Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

3461 - 3476 of 3476 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 93, a 96 and a 2014 SP. I want to look into getting some new bodywork for the 93, and/or also having someone do the bodywork and paint properly. I am based in Victoria. Anyone point me in the right direction? Or suggest the best aftermarket bodywork kits? I looked for an area of the forum that discusses such things but I found it really hard to navigate and find sections dealing with different things. Can find articles and things but other than that pretty much lost in here. Found this via recent posts button.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 93, a 96 and a 2014 SP. I want to look into getting some new bodywork for the 93, and/or also having someone do the bodywork and paint properly. I am based in Victoria. Anyone point me in the right direction? Or suggest the best aftermarket bodywork kits? I looked for an area of the forum that discusses such things but I found it really hard to navigate and find sections dealing with different things. Can find articles and things but other than that pretty much lost in here. Found this via recent posts button.
Ozzy Motorcycle Fairings used to be a forum sponsor and offered a $50 discount to forum members, but they're no longer listed as one. I couldn't find their website any more, :idunno: maybe they're no longer in business. They are/were located in Austrailia so I assume that would save a bunch of money on shipping. Here's the best I could find, there's a phone # and address, good luck.

Ozzy Motorcycle Fairings - Located in Merrylands (NSW) : Motorcycles - Parts Recyclers : AussieWeb Local Search

Nice bikes all, BTW, really love the '96. The SP, well, that goes without saying.

Apparantly they've expanded into the race bodywork arena. I can't seem to find the site for their OEM replacement stuff, maybe a phone call.

http://www.ozzyracefairings.com.au/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trev, hi. What ever you do to the 900 don't throw away the old fairing. Keep it as original as you can. I had seen on Gumtree a QLD wrecker selling a complete fairing set for $350.
Mick. Or give me your old bits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cheers guys. The 1993 is awesome to ride with 17" front and modern race level suspension, just would like it to be tidy also. So much better ride than the 1996, that still has 16" front and revolved resprung and tuned standard suspension all done by Team Honda but it has nothing on the trick suspension in the 1993.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all
First time post here. Hope you don't mind me popping in, I'm looking for help with my Varadero 1000...
My engine seems to make a clacking noise like loose cam chain. It only happens when decelerating and goes from about 3000 down to just above idle. I have had both the CCT out and they seem to be holding tension ok.
Any other ideas before I go buy a new pair of them? Where can I get some in Australia please? Would prefer auto ones as I can't be bothered keep checking them for tension, but will get manual ones if I have to.
Nick

·
Super Moderator
14,700 Posts
G'day trendsetters.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I'm guessing there's not too much happening in Oz - in Blade terms of course.

Spent many years in Melbourne and Adelaide.

Cut my teeth on Adelaide's Mt Barker/Mt Lofty run - 1970s before the freeway took all the fun away:frown , and later took to the Black Spur through Narbethong (Healesville) in Victoria.

Always a British National, returned here permanently in 2004 so I could be permanently established before casting my 'Brexit' vote. It now seems the politicians might also need 15 years to establish how and if the exit will be achieved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to revive the good old economy...motorbiking at its best !!

G'day all,

Just a brief intro... I and my mates, have recently ventured into organising motorcycling group tours for international riders to ride in Australia and New Zealand (maybe 8-10 riders per group). Looking for fellow Aussies to support this new venture....

We need someone who is passionate about riding, knows his gear very well, is not afraid of fixing his toy or assist fellow riders in case of minor problems and who is confident of riding for 7-14 days with the group.

Looking to hear from an enthusiastic bloke, who is happy to join the motorcycle group tour as a lead rider and can co-ordinate basic logistics admin work with us during the trip. Most of the tour will be pre-arranged months in advance by us. The only admin work the lead rider needs to do is to coordinate with the support van for any last-minute hiccups that may arise during the tour.

Please reply to this message or alternatively you can contact us at [email protected]

Cheers
Paul

3461 - 3476 of 3476 Posts