Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just received and email and am sure that you will all be interested in it. I've copied it in its entirety below.

Martin

-----------------------------------------------

Please sign the petition below!

When VAT was temporarily reduced to 15%, the Chancellor added 2% duty to fuel to offset the reduction in tax collected from motorists. Now that VAT has been increased to 17.5% again this hidden tax has not been removed - hence recent rises in your fuel costs. Sign the petition at the link below to have this stealth tax removed!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/DutyReduction/

Please pass this on to your friends - the more the merrier

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I reckon if you lot got rid of the royal family you could probably drop the VAT to 5% :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
If we got rid of the worthless deadbeats who make a career out of scrounging benefits, we could probably drop it to zero!
That's what I said :)

Reactions: Dangerous Des

·
Registered
931 Posts
With billions 'donated' to the banks, who do you think is going to pay for it all? (Retorical question, the answer is YOU and ME!)

BTW why the sudden increase in insurance rates, up to 18% in some cases?

Just get used to being penniless again and stop whinging!!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
I reckon if you lot got rid of the royal family you could probably drop the VAT to 5% :)
If we got rid of the worthless deadbeats who make a career out of scrounging benefits, we could probably drop it to zero!
That's what I said :)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Nice one Des, and as for your good self Larry, Class as always :rotfl::rotfl:

And as for the Govt. in the UK....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey Bladeracer......................God save your gracious queen.:smilebig:
Not my bloody queen :)
Easy to be gracious when you're a billionaire!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dont mean to put a dampner on anything but just been made redundant today....the 'Blade might go...future not looking to hot..UK sucks..need any welders down under..lol!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Dont mean to put a dampner on anything but just been made redundant today....the 'Blade might go...future not looking to hot..UK sucks..need any welders down under..lol!!
Always worth a try :)
Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Don't know much about the industry but a mate of mine was a top level aluminium welder in ship building for most of his working life. He had to retire after a work accident a couple of years ago though.
Might be worth a try. They also have other yards around the world I think as he got to travel a bit.
Employment at Austal Australia - Austal

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I know someone who moved to Oz as a welder (he lives in Secret Harbour, not too far from you I guess bladeracer), I guess it depends if this profession still carries the required points. The visa application takes quite a while though, ~18 months start to finish and it's not straightforward either.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I know someone who moved to Oz as a welder (he lives in Secret Harbour, not too far from you I guess bladeracer), I guess it depends if this profession still carries the required points. The visa application takes quite a while though, ~18 months start to finish and it's not straightforward either.
Not too far.
I used to ride the dunes in Secret Harbour in the eighties but it's all housing now.
Austal Shipping are down there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts