Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put some HID's on my CBR1000RR and was wondering if anyone has ever done the install? if so, how easy was it? Should I get thin ballast?

Any comments would be appreciated. Also, Has anyone ever gotten a kit from xenoneyes.com?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am allready tested HID lo light to my bike. I'm gonna assembly 2 ballasts under the rear seat. Wires are too short for that. I must put ~120cm wire between bulb and ballasts. Under rear seat is just enought space for 2 ballasts. I'm gonna use two sided 3M off wripped? tape to fix ballasts. There is also rubber band which is also useful to sure that ballasts don't loosen after some time.

There must be use high voltage wire between ballasts and bulbs because Xenon light starting voltage is over 20 000V.

Xenon light working well throught original bulb wires. I dont use any additional relay to feed power straight from the battery. light go off while starting motor but that didn't cause any problems.

I hope that there is no therabol writing errors :clap: . Can someone send this writing to me privat in corrected. :thumb:

Here is where I am allready ordered one set of HID's: HIDWORLD.COM - Your Source Of HID Xenon Lighting System. - 4300K 35W Single Beam HID Kit 4300K 35W Single Beam HID Kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input! I ended up ordering from xenoneyes.com b/c the customer service was great. I like the idea that I can call them 5 days a week and actually talk to someone. (unlike other sites where u have to email)

I will hopefully post some pics of my bike when its done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts