Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my high beams dont wrk but my low beams do when i plug the reg light into the high beams light it works anybody know y?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
I understand your high beams aren't working but that's all.
What is a reg light?
And what do you mean by plugging it into the high beams light?
The 929 has two seperate light circuits and I assume the 954 is the same.
The centre light only lights the low beam element and has no wiring to light the high beam element.
The outer lights have high beam wiring only so the low beams won't work.
I was going to add wiring to light all three low beams and all three high beams but ended up replacing the headlight with a single (CBR250RR) 100mm light so I never did the mod.
To use a single plug to light both beams in the single globe involved pulling one pin from a high beam plug and adding it to the centre low beam plug.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean that the middle light works but not the two side high beams wen i hit the swith the high beam light onma dash doesnt even light up wen i unplug the plug for the middle light and plug it into one of the side light that light works

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Could be the headlight relay maybe but looking at the wiring diagram it looks like the same switch for high and low beam so it's unlikely.
The centre light only has a low beam circuit so plugging the connector into the outer lights will only light the low beams in those even if the high beam elements are blown.
You've already isolated the switch as good.
I'd say either the high beam elements are blown or there's a problem in the high beam wiring.
Use a multimeter or a known good _high beam_ globe to see if you are actually getting power to the outer plugs.
You could also simply check for continuity between the two circuits in the globe and the earth pin.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same problem. Low beam works, but the high beams do not. Anyone else have the same problem and know the culprit? I tried making sense of the attached wiring diagram with no luck. I disassembled the handlebar headlight control switch and did not see anything in there that would cause a problem. I am thinking it is a bad headlight relay.

I never bothered to pay attention to any noises coming from the relay until now. But, when I switch from low to high beam, the headlight relay under the rear cowl "clicks". Is this normal?

Bladeracer, you can run any of the three headlights on the 954 with any of the three plugs. In other words, you can attach the low beam plug into the high beam bulb, or vice versa, and you will get illumination. The headlight assembly consists of three H7 bulbs with the only difference being the high beams have different reflectors. What do you think...bad wire harness or bad headlight relay?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have the same problem. Low beam works, but the high beams do not. Anyone else have the same problem and know the culprit? I tried making sense of the attached wiring diagram with no luck. I disassembled the handlebar headlight control switch and did not see anything in there that would cause a problem. I am thinking it is a bad headlight relay.

I never bothered to pay attention to any noises coming from the relay until now. But, when I switch from low to high beam, the headlight relay under the rear cowl "clicks". Is this normal?

Bladeracer, you can run any of the three headlights on the 954 with any of the three plugs. In other words, you can attach the low beam plug into the high beam bulb, or vice versa, and you will get illumination. The headlight assembly consists of three H7 bulbs with the only difference being the high beams have different reflectors. What do you think...bad wire harness or bad headlight relay?
Yes, the click is the relay closing the circuit.
Have you tried bypassing the switch?
I know about the lights so I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, you will get the high beam to light if it's plugged into the low beam circuit _if_ you have the switch on low beam - and vice versa.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i figured out what it was on my 954 i replaced the complete headlight wiring harness and it works now maybe theres a snag or a cut in the wires i had a lil cut in one of the wires and wen i replaced the wires they all worked rite away

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i went on ebay i paid like 25 i think n i think theres actualy like 2 or 3 sets on ebay now ill check n il post u the item numbers if i findem

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you change the bulbs to anything higher than 55W. GF changed her's to 100W and it fried the wiring, I had to replace the entire upper harness on her GSXR, what a pain.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no i didnt i had went dwn b4 n musta knicked it and it musta just finaly ripped open so i just replaced the harness n problem fixed

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats koo lmk if it wrks out i posted 2 links above for harnesses for salle they both are at like 10 bucks might wana jump on them

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats koo glad to help mine had 2 snags but one was on the connector n didnt want try n fix it thats y i baught a new one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts