Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Who would buy this blade with 46482miles on it. Let me know your thoughts. See attachments.

As long as the engine is strong I couldn't care what mileage is on it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks nice, If I was looking for one I would consider it, if it was cheap enough, mileage would put some people of though, 929's with 15k on the clock have been selling on ebay for about £1800 recently, so with the high mileage that would be worth a bit less. This time of year is good to buy, not to sell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
as long as it's been looked after then dont worry about the mileage , my RRP has nearly 70k on it and it's as sweet as a nut and still going strong

·
Registered
791 Posts
Me. But it'd have to be clean underneath sound right and have no outstanding issues. Replacement suspension would be wanted or needed soon anyway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my blade, owned it for five years and has been serviced by ones self, have been thinking about chopping it in for a Aprillia tuono v4 but a few people have been put off by the mileage even though the engine is still as strong as the day i got it, if not stronger. Anyway thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
A 929 with 40k that's been looked after is a better deal than a 929 with 10k that hasn't.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ive had my blade (929) since new and I clocked 200k before I put a 954 engine in it with 30k. With regular service i had no problems, the only thing that I changed was the stator at 140k.....

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I'd consider it. It looks very clean from the pictures, but it needs to check out under the fairings. Lots of tell-tale signs under the skins. If it ran strong, seemed healthy, and the price were right, I'd snap it up. It's a great looking bike. Good work on keeping it looking that good.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive decided to keep her. cos i know how clean she is but the front forks and rear shock could do with a revamp. So if anybody in England knows of a gd suspension reconditioners let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
For all of you guys who have high mileage blades I would be curious to know what brand and weight of oil you have used in the bike?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
For all of you guys who have high mileage blades I would be curious to know what brand and weight of oil you have used in the bike?

The brand doesn't matter, what matters is that it is replaced regularly.
The weight is specific to your local environment, but generally a 10W40.

Reactions: Dre-929
1 - 20 of 24 Posts