Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

High Tech ******* Wheel Chock

10K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sheepofblue 
#1 ·
I wanted a chock system and looked at several but none provided what I wanted and was too expensive. I wanted something that was removable, adjustable and intergrated into the e-track.

This is what I came up with. I have to raise the e-track in the trailer due to the rhino lining but otherwise the e-track clips will match up perfectly. I plan on putting a pin through the hole in the clip to secure it down to the e-track.

Parts:
1....10"X14" 1/4 plate
2....1" square tubing X14" long
1....cheap wheelchock
2....e-track binders
2.....2"X1/8 strips 10" long
Total cost each=approx $30

Tell me your thoughts

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thought about the support about 1/2 way but once the rear is secured the front tire will not have too much pressure on it. And the plate is big enough that the tire will not contact the e-clip protruding through it.

That's the way it was on paper anyhow.

#4 ·
Hammer said:
Thought about the support about 1/2 way but once the rear is secured the front tire will not have too much pressure on it. And the plate is big enough that the tire will not contact the e-clip protruding through it.

That's the way it was on paper anyhow.
The tire will have to roll over the clip though. So it is not critical as would be a resting place but...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.