Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might know you now have a high viss jacket inside the car when driving in France, does this mean you have to have one on you when on the bike:idunno:

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Hmm, how does it work in regards to warning triangles?

I'd want to carry a high vis jacket (probably wear it as I'm riding) - also make sure your reg plate has a GB sign or you'll need to add one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
you only need to have/carry a triangle,with a car,if you brake down wiyh a car,you must put up warning triangle,every person in the vehicle must put on a high vis vest or jacket,and stand away from car,on banking or 10mtr in front of car,not sure about bike but would assume the same applies :idunno:

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Got some information from Halfords if you were to take a car over there... They don't say anything about motorcycles?

Spare Bulbs - R
GB Sticker/GB Euroflag Number Plate - /
High Visibility Waistcoat - /*
Headlamp Converters - /
First aid kit - R
Warning Triangles - /
Fire Extinguisher - R

Key:
R = Recomended
/ = Compulsory
/* = French Road Safety Department strongly advise carrying two vests

·
Registered
931 Posts
Required by French law
Spare bulbs - all of them
First aid kit
Warning triangle
high vis jacket

Dont forget ALL of your vehicle documents and your license AND get an NHS card for foreign travel. If you do have an accident this will get you health care. If you dont have it, you will have to pay upfront and then go through a lengthy process to claim it back. Best of all get a really comprehensive travel insurance policy SPECIFICALLY for bike riding on the continent. Believe me, it might be worth its weight in gold.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Required by French law
Spare bulbs - all of them
First aid kit
Warning triangle
high vis jacket

Dont forget ALL of your vehicle documents and your license AND get an NHS card for foreign travel. If you do have an accident this will get you health care. If you dont have it, you will have to pay upfront and then go through a lengthy process to claim it back. Best of all get a really comprehensive travel insurance policy SPECIFICALLY for bike riding on the continent. Believe me, it might be worth its weight in gold.
There is only so much you can carry on a super bike:rolleyes: spare bulbs, small first aid, high vis. have athe new style e111 so covered there unfortunatly can never get travel insurance to cover me when i ride at the nurburgring, but thanks again for the info guys:thumb:

·
Registered
931 Posts
There is only so much you can carry on a super bike:rolleyes: spare bulbs, small first aid, high vis. have athe new style e111 so covered there unfortunatly can never get travel insurance to cover me when i ride at the nurburgring, but thanks again for the info guys:thumb:
Neither can I!!! Its what defines the 'ring, you are TOTALLY on your own without a safety net. Keeps me a little more level headed than I might otherwise be. Only real downer are the jerks in the really fast cars, especially when they blow up and dump a gallon of oil over the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.