Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Cool vid.....looks like he also had a lipstick cam taped to the rear....wonder if he caught it on film?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baketech : Cool vid.....looks like he also had a lipstick cam taped to the rear....wonder if he caught it on film?
The licence plate looks euro, I dont' know who it is, just found a link to it on another board.

·
Registered
189 Posts
When that happens is their anything that one can do to save it. In motocross the saying is--When in doubt 'pin it'-- but this is a different monster.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Ride it out.....If you hit the brakes or close the throttle, what you saw in the video will happen. Giving it more gas probably won't help your case a whole lot, but if you just hold 'er steady, or ease back a bit it'll catch with a wiggle and you can keep going.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've slid the rear out more than that and saved it, I just kept the throttle steady and it yanked back straight

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
  All I have to say is I hope I never have to shoot from the hip in a scenario like that.  Poor bastid.

And the audio in that vid just makes me cringe when the bike meets the asphalt! Also in the title of the vid is 'head shake' - I don't think head shake had anything to do with that horror.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Question, so would a steering damper have helped any, if at all in this case?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well then that just sucks don't it!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
DevilDog : Question, so would a steering damper have helped any, if at all in this case?
Well hell no a steering damper wouldn't have helped in this scenario. The guy lost his rear wheel - nothing to do with headshake. (Trolling are we, Mr. DevilDog? ).

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
The best bet would have been to low side it and slide to a stop... bike probably would have been rideable, and personal injury minimal, but... try to make that decision when you are hanging on for grim life...

Z...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Looks like a UK licence plate, maybe Dutch. Roads probably French.

My guess is that it is a clip from a Fast Bikes (the mag) video. They usually trash at least one bike every time they go out. They take bikes to the limit er............... and beyond.

Their road testers have included Sean Emmett, Gary Mason, Shakey Byrne and Rob Frost.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
ZX9RCAM : Why in the HELL was he gassing it with the other rider
RIGHT in front of him & that other curve right there???
While I agree he and his mate were a little close together during spirited twisties, the guy's riding didn't strike me as terribly irresponsible. Also, note the full leathers. I'll bet he's a fairly mature UK enthusiast.

Any way you cut it though, you have to feel for the fella.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts