Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not really sure she can win...she will probrably get a lot of support in my area but I am not sure the rest of the country will back her. Obama...I havent followed his career since he won election.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I don't think Obama is electable nor Hillary.

We shall see.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Why would the Democratic party want to submarine their best chance at a presidency in over a decade by rehashing a lifeless pile of horse droppings. The woman wouldn't even suck the presidents Pecker, WHEN IT WAS HER JOB! If elected, what makes you think she would do her job now?:idunno:

·
Registered
686 Posts
So who is the best Democratic candidate so far? The only stealth campaigns I have heard of so far are:

Al Gore: Wont vote for him due to being an idiot
Clinton: Wont vote for her due to evilness among other things
Obama: Who? Wha? How long has this guy been around?

If the Dems want votes they need to find someone who wont scare away 90% of the population. They seem to be pushing this Obama guy a lot. That may be the reason.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I was just surfing around Obama's site and noticed the "Constituent Services" button...is that like the "investor relations" link on company sites? :rotfl:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Not really a criticism of him personally, and I can't think of anything different really...just making a wry observation.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'd rather see Obama making strides. I do not think she is the best choice for the Dem party in '08.
I am not a fan of Obama either. Something about that guy is just kinda off. But having Hillary get the Dem nomination will effectively put the Republicans back in the whitehouse.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I am not a fan of Obama either. Something about that guy is just kinda off. But having Hillary get the Dem nomination will effectively put the Republicans back in the whitehouse.

OK, Jaim - That's about 4 posts in a row from you that haven't sent my blood pressure into the hammersphere. Have you changed your meds or something? :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So who as a Dem as a legit chance at the White House? Also Al Gore may be as likeable as dirty shoes but he isnt an idiot.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I don't think Obama is electable nor Hillary.

We shall see.
That's the problem though. Just like 04.

So far, none of the candidates that have announced so far are electable in their own right. Once again, it looks like we're going to be left with choosing from the cream of the crap.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
OK, Jaim - That's about 4 posts in a row from you that haven't sent my blood pressure into the hammersphere. Have you changed your meds or something? :rotfl:
I actually agreed with a post of his the other day. I want to know what he did with the real Jaim

Obama seems to be the best bet so far... he is intelligent, has a good sense of humor, and might actually care about this country.
He has only a short record but despite the push of him being the great middle he is rather liberal. On the other hand he is a very well spoken, presentable and likeable man. i think it is to early for a presidential run but he will probably be around for years to come.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I do not think she is the best choice for the Dem party in '08.

That is an understatement. Dems just don't want to win an election. She is just a carpetbagger from Arkansas. I still fail to see why New Yorkers embrace her?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
This will be a real test of the power of the party leadership.
In order to win, one of those people has to be :

Able to attract a lot of money early - charismatic, smart, and with a long head start.
Centrist enough to be seen as "electable"
Able to keep Gore and Nader out of the race by promising them a voice in the administration - probably at or near cabinet level.
Holding something devastating on Kerry
Experienced at this level of national politics

That's Edwards. He'll have to dye his hair gray at the temples and talk slower this time, but he has been speaking around the country, raising money, and making friends in the county and state-level delegations since December of '04.

If there's anything GW Bush and Rove didn't find on Kerry, Edwards is the most likely to know about it.

He has few negatives in the polls, and the charge of his being a trial lawyer (like that's not who people in this country turn to reflexively the second their feelings are hurt..):rolleyes: are more easily negated in sound-bite chunks this time around.

If he gets a VP nominee that will satisfy the hard-core anti-war-anti-bushies, he can win.

:twocents:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts