Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoy the power gains I've gotten from my full Hindle but the fit and finish leaves something to be desired. Ever since I installed my rear shock, I've noticed a nasty vibration around 6200RPMs. It's bad enough that it makes my feet and butt go numb on longer rides. Well, I finally found out why it's doing this. The fit on the pipe connecting the muffler to the headers (under the bike) is so poor that can I literally move the connected pipes up and down - it's that loose. I almost need to take larger pliers and crimp the pipe down to tighten the fit.

During the install, my buddy must have used enough sealant to keep the pipes from vibrating together. When I had to take them apart to get to my shock, I broke the padding and seal created by the silicone. I've tried twice to add sealant to the connection but the system still vibrates. It's very, very frustrating.

Any suggestions? Hindle is a great bang for the buck system but I've been very unimpressed with the fit and finish. Next time I'll spend the $$$ and go with a nicer system such as Arata.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ER : I really enjoy the power gains I've gotten from my full Hindle but the fit and finish leaves something to be desired.  Ever since I installed my rear shock, I've noticed a nasty vibration around 6200RPMs.  It's bad enough that it makes my feet and butt go numb on longer rides.  Well, I finally found out why it's doing this.  The fit on the pipe connecting the muffler to the headers (under the bike) is so poor that can I literally move the connected pipes up and down - it's that loose.  I almost need to take larger pliers and crimp the pipe down to tighten the fit.

During the install, my buddy must have used enough sealant to keep the pipes from vibrating together.  When I had to take them apart to get to my shock, I broke the padding and seal created by the silicone.  I've tried twice to add sealant to the connection but the system still vibrates.  It's very, very frustrating.
Any suggestions?  
Take it to a muffler shop and have them 'tack' mig weld the pipes together (on the bike). I have not had any problems with mine, but just make sure that you will have enough room to take the headers/midpipe off in the event that you have to take the system off. It couldn't be more than $40-$50... Or simply add more RTV to the mix and re-install.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sportbiker929 : Remove and re-apply the silicone, the only thing to do.
I've done that twice now with little luck. It stops some of the vibration, but give it enough time and it comes back again. Am I not using a high-enough temperature sealant? I'm using the red (650F) gasket-sealant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts