Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
They sound sweeeeeeet!  Nice and mellow, then when you hit the higher R's it lets everyone know your there.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I finally heard mine yesterday for the first time and it does sound nice. It's louder than I thought it would be and it does have a pretty good note to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ER : I finally heard mine yesterday for the first time and it does sound nice.  It's louder than I thought it would be and it does have a pretty good note to it.
Im also thinkin about that hindle hi mount..what do you do with the exhaust valve when you get rid of the old exhaust?? Isn't there some kind of sensor?? Thanks in advance..

Steve
01 929
01 ex2fity

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
desmoface : Quote (ER @ June 09 2003, 10:13am)I finally heard mine yesterday for the first time and it does sound nice.  It's louder than I thought it would be and it does have a pretty good note to it.
Im also thinkin about that hindle hi mount..what do you do with the exhaust valve when you get rid of the old exhaust?? Isn't there some kind of sensor??  Thanks in advance..

Steve
01 929
01 ex2fity
I had a friend of mine do the installation so I can't speak from experience. Surf this link and you'll find tons of Hindle information from the old site:

Hindle Search

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
desmoface : Quote (ER @ June 09 2003, 10:13am)I finally heard mine yesterday for the first time and it does sound nice.  It's louder than I thought it would be and it does have a pretty good note to it.
Im also thinkin about that hindle hi mount..what do you do with the exhaust valve when you get rid of the old exhaust?? Isn't there some kind of sensor??  Thanks in advance..

Steve
01 929
01 ex2fity
You don't do anything with the exhaust valve as it comes off with the stock full system. You will need to remove the cable attached to the HTEV/servo though.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
MartDog : Thinking of getting a Hindle High mount slip-on.  How do they sound?
Your original question was for slip-ons...

I got to thinking about it this morning and was wondering if a full-system wouldn't sound different than just a slip-on (below 7k). The exhaust-valve restricts how much air passes through and I bet that would make a difference, compared to the full system that lets air (and thus, sound) through freely. My 2-Bros slip-on was noticeably quieter (or restricted, rather) below about 7k. Above that it screamed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts