Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home from work today and there were three boxes sitting in the living room. I ordered my full Hindle, pcIII, and ZG windscreen last friday, and here it was already...YIPPY. Took me just over two hours to install everything and do the flapper mod as well. I was a bit worried after reading some of the posts about the fit of Hindles but I went with it anyway. Install was much easier then I had expected and I had picked up a friend for a little company just incase. The connectors for the PCIII was a bit of a pain trying to fit my hands and disconnect. I am very happy with the fit and finish of the Hindle and it sounds AWESOME.

Thanks to K9inAZ for sending me his custom maps of which I chose the one from ECS Dyno. The throttle is spot on with no cough or sputter at all even the lurch down low is gone. This bike rips now and I am pleased to say the least. My friend who I had picked up also owns a 54 and he took it for a ride. When he pulled back in the garage I could see his grin inside his helmet. He didn't say a word until he took off his lid and simply said..'I hope you don't mind cause I'm getting one now!' That in itself made me realize I made the right choice. I'll try and post some pics as soon as I get my digi cam back.

Dano

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Congrats Dano! When I can save up the $$, a Hindle and
PC III are my next purchases. Hope to see you this Sunday at Gate's Pass - I would love to see a Hindle up close and personal also.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Bacchus : Congrats Dano!  When I can save up the $$, a Hindle and
PC III are my next purchases.  Hope to see you this Sunday at Gate's Pass - I would love to see a Hindle up close and personal also.
Raffle tickets are cheaper

·
Registered
259 Posts
Only problem I have with my hindle is that I have to loosen the header to change the oil filter. Grrrrr!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know this is an off topic, but did Musselman's sell your old 600rr? I raced an '02 954 this year at Arroyo Seco and had I not been sent out on detail, was going to buy your old bike

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
ViciousRR : Only problem I have with my hindle is that I have to loosen the header to change the oil filter.  Grrrrr!
You are probably using the wrong oil filter then. Although it fits, the oil filter from the CBR900RR is NOT the correct model and is nearly 3/4' longer than the correct unit for the 929/954. The Purolator ML series filter is also shorter. Another tip (if you are using the wrong filter) is to leave the headers alone and just undo the cannister strap mounting bolt and push down on the cannister about 1'.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks Ab! I did notice the FRAM is a little longer than the Honda oil filter. I never would have thought of pushing down on the cannister. Saves alot of time!

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fastrob691:  Nope it is still sitting out front next to the Dude for a Day bike.  

Bacchus:  I plan on being there, so I will see you for sure.  I think you will like the Hindle....it's very sexy and sounds DEEP and awesome.  I rode in to work this morning and froze my a$$ off but it sure was fun.  What part of Gates Pass are they meeting at...the I-10 side or Ajo?

Dano

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jdev: I ordered all three things from Parts411. Including shipping it only came to $947, so I'm pretty happy with that price. If I remember the full Hindle cost $582 or something close to that. I was going to get it all locally but the sales tax here would have brought it over what I paid so Parts411 was what I went with. I have nothing but goo things to say about them, I had ordered my Erion for my 600RR and with three days it was at my house. They advertise 5-10 days for ground shipping so I was surprised when it showed up in three days. Then with this order I paid for it all on last Friday and it arrived yesterday, again I am VERY pleased with them.

Dano

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you'r e looking for good deals call pipecity.com, they are very helpful and do free shipping. I got my Hindle and PC3r for around 775.

·
Registered
720 Posts
ReaperAZ - Just for info, my last 954 dyno'ed at 142rwhp and 70 rwtq with the ECS dyno map.

PipeCity rocks!!!!

Rick

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
ViciousRR : Thanks Ab!  I did notice the FRAM is a little longer than the Honda oil filter.  I never would have thought of pushing down on the cannister.  Saves alot of time!
Please immediately get rid of the Fram filter. They have been known to blow off at high RPM which puts about 4 quarts of oil on your rear tire and anyone behind you!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Holy ####!  I had no idea.  I never heard that before!  

The local motorcycle shop sells them and recommended it.  I will be changing it this weekend.

Is that on all sportbikes?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good news! I just looked at my filter. It's a K&N, NOT A FRAM.

My bad! Helps if I look to see what I have before I post..

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
It's still the wrong filter, although there isn't anything functionally wrong with the K&N, it's just bigger.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts