Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, de-lurking after a year reading here.

Well, my new 30 mile lanesplitting freeway commute has convinced me that maybe a little more exhaust noise isn't so bad after all and I'm about to pull the trigger on a hindle full system for my 2000 929. I just need to decide on the race or supersport baffle.

What do you guys have? Has anyone heard both? Has anyone dynoed both? Is there a big difference in volume and/or performance?

I know on some pipes the baffles can be changed. Has anyone tried this on a hindle?

My priorities are smoothing out the throttle response and making a little more noise at speed, without making my neighbors hate me.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
to the org

Interesting question, I'm getting a hindle also and are interested how loud it's going to be.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
When I wrote to Hindle last year with this very question, they stated that the supersport system is something like 5db above stock, which isn't that loud. I think you'll be fine with that. It's not loud but it's not quiet.

I've had my system (supersport muffler) for a year and have had no complaints. Most who ride behind me say that it's pretty quiet.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Let me clarify: I've had no complaints from neighbors or other riders. The fit and finish still stinks though...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Definitely go with the SS model. It sounds very nice, and to beat a dead horse, you can't beat the looks/ sound/ performance with any other pipe for the money, unless you have money to spend the extra $400 on the Arata. If I had the extra money, the Arata would be my choice, but I really like the SS Ti Hi-mount.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love my ss long can Hindle, fit and finish is great for a racer budget pipe and you can't beat the performance. I have had Hindles on 3 different bikes and have liked them all.
Mitch

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
For those that still care - I found that the baffles form the Staintune exhaust pipes fit perfectly into the hindle, and bring them down to fairly quiet (just above stock) volume levels. The only thing oyu need to do is drill a hole at the tip of the exit pipe where the baffle goes to allow you to screw the baffle in. It is not noticeable and is great for when you want to go into 'stealth mode'

If anyone needs pics, I'd be happy to dig some up...

Z...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Zeeman said:
It is not noticeable and is great for when you want to go into 'stealth mode'

If anyone needs pics, I'd be happy to dig some up...

Z...
That is what I'm looking for, a "stealth" system that sounds better, and not much louder.

IMO, Arata is not for me. I have little value of 2 hp at race RPMS, when I lose so much tq down low, and even some in the midrange. Sounds like a good system for bragging though...and I have to admit the quality looks awesome, and even better in person.

Back on topic, the Hindle stealth system sounds good for me, if it's just above stock volume. 5db (for the SS quoted above) is just under 4x louder than stock. I would assume the stealth is 3db louder than stock, which would make it twice as loud. Any experience on this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts