Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike back from putting a full hindle on. Has anyone ever ran this way with the flapper removed and no power commander? My reason for asking is that my dyno graph is super flat, no dips or hitches anywhere.... peaks off at 138hp.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
No I've never ridden this way, but you are robbing yourself of some horsepower, both in the top end and middle range if you don't tune the bike properly.
The fuel curve probably has rich and leans spots which will effect power, even though it has more than it did before :D

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
From what I know, the Hindle was actually developed so that it could work by just putting it on the bike, no PCIII or any other tuning gizmo. Though tuning gizmos do certainly help improve things.

My 929 made about 136 hp (from 120) simply by adding the hindle, no tuning. Tuning yielded 149.3 HP.

Z...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do plan on getting my power commander when the nicer weather comes. I ran across abnormals map but he's in florida and i'm in PA, will my bike not run well since i'm so far away?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
mach929 said:
I do plan on getting my power commander when the nicer weather comes. I ran across abnormals map but he's in florida and i'm in PA, will my bike not run well since i'm so far away?
The difference in altitude and relative air density (RAD) will cause performance differences between locales, not distance. Although it may be a good starting point, no two engines are exactly the same and a map that works great on one bike MAY not work nearly as well on another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts