Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does installing the full system get rid of the rattle that starts about 5K? Any one got any pics of the different hindle setups?
found a temp fix for the rattle, got some ear plugs much better ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Keith1K : Does installing the full system get rid of the rattle that starts about 5K? Any one got any pics of the different hindle setups?
Rattle? What rattle
Code:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Keith1K : Does installing the full system get rid of the rattle that starts about 5K? Any one got any pics of the different hindle setups?
depends on what the rattle is.

On my 929 i had a rattle start at approx 5200 rpm, turned out to be the cam chain tensioner, once replaced it was quiet, did come backa second time, so they replaced the tensioner again, the noise disappeared and stayed away until i killed the bike

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my rattle starts about 5,000rpm and goes away about 6,800rpm. sounds metallic not plastic, it's not the valves.

How about the cam chain tensioner did it go away with RPM?
that should be an easy job to replace no engine disasembly, right?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I didn't actually fit my tensioner, it was done by the dealer under warranty. (both times)
The rattle at first was there at approx 5400 and then as it got worse it started at approx 5200 and lasted until about 5600 then would disappear, it was the same in all gears regardless of road speed, and was only there on cruise and slight acceleration, not there at all on deceleration.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, looks good. I did alittle checking at work today the noise is not coming from the HTEV as i had thought. more from the right side of the engine near the top of the head already have a new cam chain tensioner on the way from ronayers.com. I hope this fixes it because it agravates the #### out of me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts