Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying a stolen recovered cbr600f4i. has no keys. going to us as track day bike. is there an easy way to bypass the HISS. don,t need key just hot wire switch

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Change the wiring harness and ECU to the US model; it doesn't have HISS. if it was easy to bypass then the criminals would be using it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like that could get expensive and time consuming for a track bike. wonder if it would be possible to get a key with the chip from honda.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The HISS can be reprogrammed, ask the dealer first as they may need a programmed key to program more. You don't have a key so you don't have the key code either. Maybe find a local ECU and key you can buy?

You might try a HRC ECU; they did race that model.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Another victim to Hiss - I bought my Hornet not knowing about Hiss... What mistake that was.

The only way you can re-program any further keys is to have an original key which is already programmed with that ECU.

Fitting a Power Commander to the bike will not help one bit, you need to have that chip in the key or you need another ECU & lockset (2nd hand is about $1000).

IMO look for a bike with a key and buy this one (if cheap enough) for spares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts