Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me that if I turn the HISS indicator off to try and save some battery as the Datatool tracker kills it, will this disable the system entirely or just the indicator light itself? Bike is a 2019 cbr1000r

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
The HISS light only flashes with the Ignition off for 24 Hours, and uses a very tiny amount of voltage , the datatool on the other hand......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I didn’t think it would but trying to save any electric I can. I phoned the dealership and they said there is no connector as such as it’s integrated into the loom. Datatool we’re not much help either.

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Yea I didn’t think it would but trying to save any electric I can. I phoned the dealership and they said there is no connector as such as it’s integrated into the loom. Datatool we’re not much help either.
Ripped it out of my 929, we are older bikes here so try , I'm on that site as well ,a whole lot newer bikes over there (y)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
the HISS LED take negligible power. you can turn it off in the menu on the dash I suspect if its the same as the 2014 I have - the 929 has not got the option but it only flashes for 24hrs as mentioned already. The HISS does remain active - its built in to the ECU not the loom, and you cannot turn it off, only the flashy light - it would be pointless otherwise (that's another discussion of course). Perhaps have a trickle charger connected to keep the battery topped up or solar charger (not suitable in the UK!!! LOL). If it is flattening the battery too quick I would guess the battery is a bit on the weak side so the charger might help all round.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, solar charger works well in Bwitain!
Anyway, Danno, I'd fit another battery under the pillion before disabling bulbs. I'd also ask Datatool what they're doing about this issue, it doesn't seem "well thought out" 🤔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts