Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got to be a first for me....went for a ride out on the lovley Norfolk back roads following behind a car, when there is a loud bang and from under the car an explosion of plastic flies through the air, doing al i can to miss the big lumps, mate following behind we pull over to find the front of my bike covered in paint,:rant: all over down pipes radiator, fairings including the sides, wheels , brakes in fact the only bit not covered was my seat and rear light, even the bloody tyres. Then realise its over my visor, helmet, leaters jacket and trousers my boots but not my gloves (go figger). we shot off to find a power washer and dispite it being about 2deg c had to hose down bike £8 too get it all off and then stand there while daz power washes me down to get as much off as poss:crying: That was one bloody cold ride home.
Only bit i couldnt get off was on the down pipes and on some of the rad.
There was a large plastic tub of white paint which i got hit with. and a 5ltr tin of another paint in the road. I just dont know how the hell she didnt see it, she didnt even slow down and check her car after she hit it.
Hope my next ride out is a little bit better next time. Oh and spent the rest of my time cleaning my leathers after i got home:thumbd:

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
:eek: Thank gawd you're ok after that.. Could have ended really badly :crap:

but..

dispite it being about 2deg c had to hose down bike £8 too get it all off and then stand there while daz power washes me down to get as much off as poss:crying: That was one bloody cold ride home.
I would have paid to watch you being 'power washed' especially with it being as cold as it was today :rotfl:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can laugh now that its off, sorry no pics didnt give it a thought at the time just in hurry to get it off before it dries.:eek: I promise if it happens again i will get pics for you:eyebrows:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Strike a light for I have heard many things in my 64 yrs of riding, but NOTHING like this one. Lucky you were able to wash it down, but not the rad, header pipes & such.

You must like the new colour job on your forks, to disc brakes to tyres, wheels & such.

No one gave a dang? For that has to hurt.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You guys take this sort of thing way to seriously, enjoy the funny side, we survive. its all part of this very brief life :)
We survive - yes those who post here have survived.
But others dont (and they tend not to post up stories about how they died!)
Plenty of people get killed by objects falling off vehicles - and bike riders are probably the most vulnerable.

So yeah its ok to laugh and see the funny side, but it is also a good reminder of the risks out there. And that you cant predict everything, the surfboard on the roof of the car ahead of you in the next lane could be coming at you!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Actually it was a multicar pileup this week here.

And today someone died after hitting a tyre and getting out to look at the damage - although that was probably more about the other driver not staying on the freeway and going onto the shoulder (report just says "police are interviewing the driver")

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.