Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck Motorcycle Ramp

I was eyeballing this ramp. I wanted to know if anyone else is using the same, or similar ramp on their truck, I know most of you shmucks are balling and have trailers. but there has to be someone on this forum with some info. It will be going on a Ridgeline.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Never used one of those, either, but if it works as advertised, it's a great idea. One of the problems with regular ramps is that they aren't secured. I can't tell you how many times I've see guys loading a bike in a pickup and just as they almost have the bike in, the ramp kicks out and down everybody and everything goes. That set up looks good, the ramp is secured to the hitch, and it's wide so you can run up with the bike.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I can't tell you how many times I've see guys loading a bike in a pickup and just as they almost have the bike in, the ramp kicks out and down everybody and everything goes. That set up looks good, the ramp is secured to the hitch, and it's wide so you can run up with the bike.
Ooooooo. I saw bunch of guys "riding" their bikes up the curved ramps at my last track day. Scared me - just to watch. Yikes!

I would use this set-up, I think. And I am really paranoid about dropping my bike.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Ooooooo. I saw bunch of guys "riding" their bikes up the curved ramps at my last track day. Scared me - just to watch. Yikes!
I've seen that, too, and it's a really good way to damage your bike and body. I'm short, so I wouldn't even try that with a very light bike. Even with this hitch mount, I still wouldn't ride it up, although I might use the motor to help if I couldn't get a running start.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like how it works also, but I'm the kind of person that buys a product in which i know people use and give me their opinions of its actual use, not the biased stuff from the sites.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trailer = having to register it, hook up the lights, another "car", something that i need to deal with when i need to use my truck for something besides transporting my bikes. because it will still be a truck, not a truck pulling something. I think it easier?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I would think of the bulk of that ramp and storing it when not in use. I've got a couple of arched fold up aluminum ramps that are light and easily stored in the garage when not in use. $150.00 at Sears. After buying my truck and said ramps, I sold the rail under my jet ski that I used on the trailer. No more paying tolls trailering to the track. There are ups and downs of both ways and I do agree that using the truck without a trailer is the best bet hands down, but 6 bills or over for a ramp is pretty steep.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I happen to have this ramp and have nothing bad to say about it. The only neg. I should say is that the ramp is heavy, not a one man operation to put on the truck. Rides great on the truck and you can padlock the ramp at the gate and the hitch. Nice and wide for loading and unloading. Wish you were local because I'm selling mine and getting a trailer. The only reason I'm selling it is because my truck sits pretty high, this makes the angle of the ramp on the steep side. I'm a older guy and go to track days by myself, all the guys my age are HD types. I don't like loading the bike by myself, but with two guys it's no problem even with my high riding truck, and thats the only reason I'm now thinking trailer.

The good news with this ramp is

1. No storage issues

2. No license plates

3. No added fees on tollroads

4. No additional driving worries, as with a trailer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, I happen to have this ramp and have nothing bad to say about it. The only neg. I should say is that the ramp is heavy
:plus1: Have had this ramp for 5 years now....... been great, once it was on the truck. They do have a new aluminum out now too. I wish I could trade in for that one. I also just bought the attachment that allows me to tow a trailer at the same time the ramp is mounted. a bracket moves the ramp closer to the truck, you simply take off the tailgate and use a piece of 3/4 plywood to bridge the bumber gap..... very handy.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/sprd/IMG_3227_1.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/sprd/IMG_3222.jpg

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome ! thanks for the feedback fellas. I'm trying to load two bikes onto the ridgeline with this ramp, sounds great

·
Registered
1 Posts
Truck Motorcycle Ramp

I was eyeballing this ramp. I wanted to know if anyone else is using the same, or similar ramp on their truck, I know most of you shmucks are balling and have trailers. but there has to be someone on this forum with some info. It will be going on a Ridgeline.

Thanks
Hey Sammae01, (or anyone that can help me)

I just want to know how things goes with your Motorcycle Ramps?
I have a Ridgeline also and trying to look for a ramp that I can depend on.
I was also eyeballing on the same ramp you are, (The Safe T-Ramps)
Any info or picture you can share about the Safe T-Ramps would be a great help! Thanks!
ps: I just recently join this club ! its Gggrrreeeaatt !!

·
Registered
44 Posts
onaiR125, i tried PM'ing you back, but you cannot accept pm's for some reason. PM me your email address and i can send you pics through that.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
deng even the aluminum one is still heavy, but its big piece of hardware though. I'll let you know how its goes

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Please post up when you get it, I too am looking at a ridgeline and will be getting a set up like this for loading the two bikes into the back.

On a side note how do you like your truck ? :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts