Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a decent lid under 200, and these are both on sale locally, need some suggestions quickly.

I have an older Alliance (2011) and i got it too big, but just lived with it. Are the newer ones decent? My older one is kind ofloud, but i also consider that the size is an issue with that.

I plan on blue-toothing my phone on all my rides for music, etc. so noise is an important factor.

Both helmets got good reviews, but it seems that the noise level varies too much to tell, maybe it really is just a an individual issue...

Thanks.!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Scorpion makes really good helmets great fit too. I have a older EXO-700 its been great, low noise and a good snug fit.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
both are pretty much in the same league as far as quality and fit. either are a decent choice. its been my experience that cheaper helmets tend to have more noise and a little more of a generic fit. my advice would be get to a dealership or shop where you can try them both on. coming from a lid thats too big will be a huge improvement in many areas including noise and neck/shoulder fatigue. nothing gives you upper shoulder pain like a long ride with a helmet thats too big. make sure ou get a tight fit. like it should give you fish lips. you should be able to grab the chin bar and not be able to move it around without also moving your head with it. keep in mind they will loosen up a bit as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts