Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Ariel's still on the planet? I wish they'd give some thought to re-introducing their motorcycle line, particularly if they would be inclined to make them in an updated, high-performance manner.

Oldfogey, how does a 200 HP square-four sound to ya?

:eyebrows:

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, don't get a sportbike 'cause you'll look stupid with your fat-ass gut hanging out of your leathers and you'll DEFINITELY crash and donate your eyeballs to someone you don't like much.
:thumbd::mad::thumbd::mad:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
JBAXX said:
Yeah, don't get a sportbike 'cause you'll look stupid with your fat-ass gut hanging out of your leathers and you'll DEFINITELY crash and donate your eyeballs to someone you don't like much.
:thumbd::mad::thumbd::mad:
:rotfl: Yeah, he famously hates sportbikes. (or at least, pretends to, to liven up his writing)

The vid is awesome. I'd want to "drive" it with a helmet. I wonder if that's legal?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Oh yep. Sorry, I'm not good at this stuff. :)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I was able to save the file by doing a search on my computer after loading the vid, the file was somewhere in the temporary Internet folder.

I would DEFINITELY wear an helmet to ride that thing, in fact I would do with anything that goes more than 60 mph with no wind protection. I was wearing my full face helmet testing Jet Boats for Bombardier all the time.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
CBRVFR said:
Ariel's still on the planet? I wish they'd give some thought to re-introducing their motorcycle line, particularly if they would be inclined to make them in an updated, high-performance manner.

Oldfogey, how does a 200 HP square-four sound to ya?

:eyebrows:
Is that the new VFR, then? Sounds good, particularly if they've solved the rear cylinder cooling problem.

Actually, the narrow-angle V5 VW engine is, I suppose, the current live example from an engineering point of view.

Edit: another link for those who like Clarkson http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1267303_1,00.html

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
oldfogey said:
Edit: another link for those who like Clarkson
I picked up a Top Gear that came with a little book called Never Played Golf by Clarkson in an airport a while back. Hilarious.:clap:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I thought it was funny how giddy he got over that Toureg pulling a little tree on Top Gear the other night.
Your average ATV could have done the same, but he seemed to think it was the endall of SUV (whatever they call them over there) performance.
The concept of that show is cool, but it could be SO much better.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
BDA116 said:
The concept of that show is cool, but it could be SO much better.
I enjoy the show, but often strongly disagree with Clarkson: that's the nature of such an opinionated figure, and what he plays on. He performs the role well, with sufficient rapport with his audience to hit home and usually very funny when he's attacking some widely held opinion.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I'll agree with that. I like the way the three of them exchange barbs as well.
That episode where they had to buy old Porsches and compete was quite funny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts