Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am trying undo the centre nut 30 mm holding the clutch basket on.
I dont have the honda service tool ;-) wondering what others did.
I seen a video where guy used a impact wrench (air ) and installed his clutch
Plates loose and held them down with hand pressue.

am thinking about buying impact wrench but like to see if i need one before i do .

Thanks in advance

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,145 Posts

am thinking about buying impact wrench but like to see if i need one before i do .

Thanks in advance
Ebay. Best $20 I've spent on a special tool. Used it on my 93 and my 99

I'm pretty sure I used an impact to remove the nut (remember to unstake it so the threads don't get ruined) but the special tool is worth it's weight in gold upon reassembly. No broken inner basket spring posts, no cracked inner basket, and I was able to get the proper torque on the nut by myself.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Thanks in advance
get the tool like doohan says- made the job super easy. no impact wrench needed, just long torque wrench or extension on socket.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Buy a new clutch pack. Drill and rivet a steel and friction together. Step on rear brake with bike in gear, grab a big hollow bar and place it over the breaker bar handle. Act the torsion bar but never let up on the pressure. Keep pushing down as you both bounce the bar down but let up on it, no more pressure, but keep adding as you work more torsion at it. Same deal with a hex head stuck. You'll tear out the hex, but if you flex?

·
Banned
433 Posts
Sounds like the first Iron Man movie, building a suit in a cave. I'm going to vote for the proper tool and impact gun method on this one.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Actually i'm with Catch22 on this. I made one out of my old friction and steel plates. They can allso be bolted together. No need for riveting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts