just got the nubers of the new FireBlade CBR1000RR:
hold yourself:
172 HP !!!!!!!!!!!!! over 172 Kg.
WOW!!!!
:D

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Don't speak Italian Proto, but I'm guessing "potenza massima" is maximum potential = HP? But what is 172 PS? At any rate, we all know mfr. HP ratings are usually inflated, and taken at the crankshaft.

·
Registered
395 Posts
US/International HP vs Metric (CV)HP

They (Italians) use Metric HP which differs slightly from our US/International based HP unit. However, this only equates to a couple of ponies in the 172 regime.

Yes, I know, it doesn't sound right but check the KW output and convert that value to US or International based HP and you will see the difference because they don't seem to equal on another. A little more looking also exposes the unit of CV aka Cheval Vapeur. 1 US or International HP=1.0138697 cheval vapeur.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I believe that PS is....

Originally posted by Bacchus
But what is 172 PS?

pferdestarke which is also a 1:1 compo to Cheval Vapeur=Metric HP.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
That would be crank horsepower, I assume, so factoring in a 10% loss to get to the back wheel, that would make it 154.8.
or even a 15% loss would give you 146.2 at the back wheel.

I guess I'll keep my 149.3 hp 954, which is a bit lighter anyway. :D

Plus i can't afford to update anyway

·
Registered
60 Posts
ratter1 said:
I guess I'll keep my 149.3 hp 954, which is a bit lighter anyway. :D
What are your mods, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hmmm. that bike looks very familiar...

"Power Shift's '02 954 - Modified "

You are the one that bought BDA116's bike!! BTW, great looking bike!!

Sorry for the temporary thread jack......Now back to our regularly scheduled thread already in progress.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea, I could see he felt like he was selling a child, and rightfully so, the bike is sweeeet! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
GhostRider said:
I'm with ratter...I'm keeping my 954. It's got more than enough ponies for me. :D
Ratter has the same mods as I had on my 929 (with the same peak HP output) though Ratters has a slighter better midrange I think.

Mods = 1 full Hindle + 1 PC3 plus one good tuner who will spend hours and hours tuning to get the most power that the little puppy can squeeze out :)

Z...

·
Registered
60 Posts
ND4SPD said:
I used to have a '92 SHO. Best day of my life was the day I sold it :D
Lol, I'm looking for a buyer, I think I might have found one here locally. So, you don't want to consider another one? ;)

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Z is correct.
The only engine mods are the full high mount hindle (thanks nhfirefighter13) and a good remap of the pc3.
My bike dynoed 135.4 (dead stock) and 149.3 after the pipe and the remap and commander, although that was on 98 octane fuel, which is available at our pumps.
My bike was dynoed with the flapper held open and the flapper left stock and it basically made no difference to full throttle runs, so i have left the flapper to operate as honda designed it to.

The hindle saved me 10 pounds compared to the stock exhaust system, so that would drop the weight of my bike way below the new 1000 weights, so i beleive I should have a better power to weight ratio than the new 1000 :D

Now if only i could ride good enough to use it all :D

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Powershift said:
Lol, I'm looking for a buyer, I think I might have found one here locally. So, you don't want to consider another one? ;)
Not until I hit the lottery or find other(legal) ways to run into obscene amounts of money. I have that car to thank for most of the debt I've acquired over the last 5 years. It was fun while it lasted :idunno: Check out www.shoforum.com That's where I sold mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts