Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
I raced a guy on a black 4-wheeler that had a 954 engine and NOS on his.......and he beat me in the 1/8th!!!!!!! I would think it would be a much lighter frame.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
SilverBullet said:
I raced a guy on a black 4-wheeler that had a 954 engine and NOS on his.......and he beat me in the 1/8th!!!!!!! I would think it would be a much lighter frame.

Did he get the jump on you on the start or take you in the long run?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
The stock 400ex headlights have been wired into the handlebar switch to function the hi-lo beam and I have also wired in a "cop switch" as I call it to kill all the lights in case you need a stealthy escape (imagine that....).

:clap: :rotfl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I have seen in the sand, the bike motor'd quads don't run terribly well. Yes, they are fast, but a well built 2 stroke will take them. I have had the opportunity to see a very well built one run. The base motor was a GSXR1000 motor, bored, running on alcohol. It threw a wall of sand when he left, but wasn't much in the 300ft drags (low 4's). The same guy had a 780cc rotax twin (snow mobile) that would eat it's lunch. I think it ran around 3.5's. One of my friends built a 520 Banshee (aftermarket cylinders, 10 mil stroker) that will run 3.8's without NOS, just alcohol. Supposed to be putting out somwhere in the neighborhood of 130hp. He's thinking about putting it on the bottle, so we'll see what happens then. The weight of the big 4 stroke street bike motors outweighs the the HP. On a paved track, that may not be the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts