Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't believe that no one got killed or seriously hurt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
That is very odd. I mean, the question is; How do you do that? I dont think they were paying attention. Had to be looking the other way for a very long time. I would only really believe it was done intensionally. How can you fly your little aeroplane into a Farris wheel? In broad daylight no less. Dont even try High winds on me! Navigational problems, or even lack of situattional awareness, is no excuse either. A flight plan orientated around that area, is not even right. I'm not fooled one bit!
Thats discustingly stupid.:rant:

·
Banned
681 Posts
One more example of the negative effects of object fixation? How the heck can you hit something like that, with any other reasonable explanation?

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is very odd. I mean, the question is; How do you do that? I dont think they were paying attention. Had to be looking the other way for a very long time. I would only really believe it was done intensionally. How can you fly your little aeroplane into a Farris wheel? In broad daylight no less. Dont even try High winds on me! Navigational problems, or even lack of situattional awareness, is no excuse either. A flight plan orientated around that area, is not even right. I'm not fooled one bit!
Thats discustingly stupid.:rant:
I really don't think so sid, not unless you are on a suiside mission. There are a lot of questions being asked and the pilot is a local, suposedly, so he should be familiar with the air strip and everyone knows the festival was on this weekend.

One more example of the negative effects of object fixation? How the heck can you hit something like that, with any other reasonable explanation?
The ferris wheel was'nt in the flight path of the airstrip. The plane went left to end up where it did.

Jeez mate, that's a little close to home!

I would imagine the pilot will have some tough questions to answer.
Close is right Dan. I heard the sirens and just thought it was part of the festival untill we got a phone call. Only good thing is that no one got hurt which is unbievable really.
The pilot will have some questions asked thats for sure.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Only in Oz :smilebig: :D
No kidding. Where flushing a toilet even the water rotates in the wrong direction! :evilaugh:
I fly planes. You can ditch it anywhere you want. More than likely, he was trying to save his plane at any cost. When you don't take the right option when it's there, you finally don't have any options left. I don't care which way the vortex spins, same goes for cycles! Think ahead.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only in Oz :smilebig: :D
Weird aye!:rolleyes:

No kidding. Where flushing a toilet even the water rotates in the wrong direction! :evilaugh:
I fly planes. You can ditch it anywhere you want. More than likely, he was trying to save his plane at any cost. When you don't take the right option when it's there, you finally don't have any options left. I don't care which way the vortex spins, same goes for cycles! Think ahead.
Some say it was an aborted 2nd attempt at landing and some say he was taking off. Either way he fugged up badly. As for saving the plane, I think it's scrap now.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
That's pretty amazing! Thank God those little kids are ok. Can you imagine what it was like for them!?
Wait till *show and tell* at school. Talk about bragging rights!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts