Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all!!!

Been a while :smilebig:

Well I survived the 2300+ mile journey to our new home.
It was fairly smooth, some minor hiccups along the way but for the most part uneventful.
Started off with driving over the Rockies, beautiful as always. Then to the mountainous Montana and the fairly plain (get it....plain...) Wyoming. Then a little dip through Colorful Colorado (actually drove through Aurora the day after the terrible tragedy occurred....very sad...) and into New Mexico, which was surprisingly more colorful than I had imagined. Stopped in Roswell (not at ALL what I had pictured in my mind, what a tourist town...) and checked out the official UFO Museum....good for a laugh and a couple of "Hmmm...interesting.." moments, but then on the road again.
Finally entered into the LONE STAR STATE!
Rolled into Austin, ready to pop outta the car like a biscuit in a can. And the HEAT!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I went from Vancouver, which hadn't even touched 70 deg.(F) to an oven, averaging around 102 for the first handful of days we were here.
Its a nice place, definitely different. I do miss how beautiful Vancouver was, but I think I can call this place home just as easily.
The locals are great, and there is a fair amount of cultural diversity, which I like.
We're a bit outside the city, and haven't got a chance to really explore the downtown scene yet, but so far it all seems alright :smilebig:

Definitely was an easier trip down then it was going from Wis. to Vancouver, and the US border gave me no trouble whatsoever (maybe that should alarm me...) took all of 5 mins worth of questions, a couple laughs, and away we went. Had to giggle as we pulled away, the scene of Bugs Bunny popped in my head where he says "He don't know me very well, do he" :rotfl:

Anyway, here I am, in one piece, in Big 'Ol Texas... I'll try to toss up some pics when I get a chance, later gators ;)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Howdy Y'all!!!

Been a while :smilebig:

Well I survived the 2300+ mile journey to our new home.
It was fairly smooth, some minor hiccups along the way but for the most part uneventful.
Started off with driving over the Rockies, beautiful as always. Then to the mountainous Montana and the fairly plain (get it....plain...) Wyoming. Then a little dip through Colorful Colorado (actually drove through Aurora the day after the terrible tragedy occurred....very sad...) and into New Mexico, which was surprisingly more colorful than I had imagined. Stopped in Roswell (not at ALL what I had pictured in my mind, what a tourist town...) and checked out the official UFO Museum....good for a laugh and a couple of "Hmmm...interesting.." moments, but then on the road again.
Finally entered into the LONE STAR STATE!
Rolled into Austin, ready to pop outta the car like a biscuit in a can. And the HEAT!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I went from Vancouver, which hadn't even touched 70 deg.(F) to an oven, averaging around 102 for the first handful of days we were here.
Its a nice place, definitely different. I do miss how beautiful Vancouver was, but I think I can call this place home just as easily.
The locals are great, and there is a fair amount of cultural diversity, which I like.
We're a bit outside the city, and haven't got a chance to really explore the downtown scene yet, but so far it all seems alright :smilebig:

Definitely was an easier trip down then it was going from Wis. to Vancouver, and the US border gave me no trouble whatsoever (maybe that should alarm me...) took all of 5 mins worth of questions, a couple laughs, and away we went. Had to giggle as we pulled away, the scene of Bugs Bunny popped in my head where he says "He don't know me very well, do he" :rotfl:

Anyway, here I am, in one piece, in Big 'Ol Texas... I'll try to toss up some pics when I get a chance, later gators ;)

Sounds like an awesome trip :)

I know that climatisation problem.
When I was doing construction in the Kimberley I flew back to Perth for an IPSC shoot for a weekend. I flew out of Perth when it was perhaps 15C in the morning and got off the plane in Kunnunurra into 44C heat! Although I'd been working in it with no trouble before the trip, the instantaneous change in temperature absolutely destroyed me. Took me maybe three weeks before I was back up to speed :)

Now that you're in Texas do you know Colin Edwards?

·
Super Moderator
14,704 Posts
:welcome: Back W_f. :patriot:
You staying put for a while this time mate. :poke::poke:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like an awesome trip :)

I know that climatisation problem.
When I was doing construction in the Kimberley I flew back to Perth for an IPSC shoot for a weekend. I flew out of Perth when it was perhaps 15C in the morning and got off the plane in Kunnunurra into 44C heat! Although I'd been working in it with no trouble before the trip, the instantaneous change in temperature absolutely destroyed me. Took me maybe three weeks before I was back up to speed :)

Now that you're in Texas do you know Colin Edwards?
That sounds awful! At least though, I did have about 7 days on the road to gradually adjust, but it was still a shock to the system.
Haven't met Colin yet, lol, but I hear the raceway they've built here is the T!TS :rotfl::rotfl:

:welcome: Back W_f. :patriot:
You staying put for a while this time mate. :poke::poke:
Thanks 'Ol Boy! Good to be back on US soil again, and I do believe my arse will be planted here for a bit....hopefully....:rant:moving sucks, and next time I will pay someone to box it and ship it and unpack it and rub my feet when they are finished (seriously...)
I missed all you buggars and now that I've got the interwebs again I got some catching up to do!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Don't mess with Texas!
Nice write-up on the move, funny about the border patrol, be glad they weren't like the TSA's at the airport! :smilebig:

After you meet Colin Edwards, see if you can meet Chuck Norris, Walker-Texas Ranger. They say this guy is wicked fasss....., um, he's really quick. Don't make any sudden moves. :poke: :rotfl:
(get it, moves?)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts