Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is the first winter with my 9er and am doing alot of maintenance. i picked it up w/ 14.700 miles last may. since i have put 11,xxx miles on it and did the first valve check ever with no adjustments needed. i am going to replace the spak plugs and was wondering if anyone here had ran the iridium ngk plugs. the local shop has the stock plugs in stock at $9.xx a plug and i can get the iridium online for $7.xx a plug. any thoughts would be great!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Generally on this bike, the consensus is iridium is not needed, that being said, if they are cheaper, then buy away. Cajun was trying to direct you to wr!sttw!sters but this forum blocks URLs of competing forums. They have good info on the 919.

·
Registered
917 Posts
so this is the first winter with my 9er and am doing alot of maintenance. i picked it up w/ 14.700 miles last may. since i have put 11,xxx miles on it and did the first valve check ever with no adjustments needed. i am going to replace the spak plugs and was wondering if anyone here had ran the iridium ngk plugs. the local shop has the stock plugs in stock at $9.xx a plug and i can get the iridium online for $7.xx a plug. any thoughts would be great!
Where you getting Iridiums for 7.xx each? Just checking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! I own a 2006 CB 900F. Just wondering.... how often do you have to change the spark plugs?

My 07 owners manual states to Replace at 8, 16, 24 (miles x 1000).
Hope this helps. I'll add, I always replace the plugs in my cars and bikes with OEM parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts