Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im new to the forum. I bought a 2001 929 RRY fitted with a power commander and a Devil end can, which is slightly louder than standard. Its a straight though silencer. The power valve is in place in the front section. Other than the pipe and power commander its a standard bike with 7000miles on the clock. However it has a truely horrible flat spot at 4000 rpm. It will pull through it... just about. Ive tried loading a new map into the power commander but its made no difference. Does anyone have a solution, being tight I was trying to avoid the cost of taking it on to a rolling road and getting a dedicated map made for the power commander. Anyone help? Cheers Lee.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does it get better once through the flat spot? If not it could be your servo isn't working and the exhaust and intake valves aren't opening. Even if it does get better it still could be the servo is binding or just not speedy enough for some reason.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was told about a flat spot around 3500 and just had my bike dyno'd with a carbon can and pc 111. The guy could not get the best result around those revs even with a power commander. He managed 119 rwhp which is ok but I've not been on since the dyno so hopefully I should feel the difference. Dont bother with the maps that come with the pc111, you def need to dyno it I'm afraid.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
You actually have to lean it out between 3200 and 3800 RPM. All 929's have a flat spot in that area.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You actually have to lean it out between 3200 and 3800 RPM. All 929's have a flat spot in that area.
I think you are meaning when a full system is put on eliminating the htev. But husaberg530 has the htev in place. The fuel curve should not be off enough to notice too much with just a slip on or half system. Even with a full system and running a stock fuel map it shouldn't be so horrible. I bought my 954 with a full akro system and no mapping system at all. It ran and performed quite well, just not as well as with the pc3usb and a map.

·
Registered
12 Posts
check and make sure the intake flap in the air box is oppening. my 954 did it at 4500 to 5500 and would rev out of it. turned out the cable at the servo came disconnected. if thats not it, try and get another ecu from a good runnin bike, swap it out for a ride, i know if you ever drop your ecu it could damage it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get rid of the htve valve and use HASS eliminator lot cheaper than full system and do the flapper mod. Just leave the servo motor in place took care or the flat spot on mine and get custom mapp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys, that gives me a few things to check. Incidentally once its pulled trhough the flat spot it goes really well. Lee

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same thing with a 2005 CBR1000RR, Power Commander 3, Micro and K&N, i'm told it is the down-side to having a bit more top end zip, i find cranking it open a bit more off the lights cures the low revs flat spot. I had the same thing on my 929, so it is probably the trade off with altering the factory fuel/air ratios at 3-4k revs? Glad to hear it goes well once through the flat spot :0) cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts