Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went overseas in 2015 to live with my partner in Canada, I left behind my beloved CBR954rr 02 in mint condition. The bike was dyno tuned, had full racetech suspension and was running like a boss. I prepped the bike for a long rest and left. During my time away my parents got divorced and moved out and much to my horror when I returned my bike was left under a new house without its cover slightly exposed to the elements, it has possums nesting inside the seat and as a whole in really bad shape, surface rust and shit everywhere. Some crackheads stole the plates seat, power commander and battery too. I have finally got the bike dropped at a place where I can work on it and I want to take the time to rebuild her back to her former glory. Ive had the bike for over 10 years and I love it, so seeing it like this is heart breaking.

I started working on it today, a lot of fuel had evaporated and the entire inside of the take was black sludge so I bought a KBC sealer kit and in the processes of doing that now.

Can I ask what are some really important steps I should take to get it started first and do you think the bike is fixable, what parts should I replace?

I changed the oil and filter, the oil looked good at least. The radiator was missing the cap (crackheads) so its been dry for god knows how long too.

Really hope I can get my girl going again, will share pics and story of the journey. Here are some pics of the current condition and what it used to look like.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help for this big project!

carmen.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Man that’s a bad story. But if your dedicated it will look and ride good again. Nice thing is parts are out there for it so that should help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh also in the last oic you can see where the crackheads cut my power commander off instead of unclipping it, what wire is that I need to replace? The injector loom?

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Agree with the others. Without being over-critical, and with respect, I think your parents (irrespective of marriage status) should have had more respect for you and your property.

~To the point though, I agree with above: start from the top with a full resto. Both you and the bike will be better for it at the end, and you'll be assured that all is 100%.(y)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Have you tried looking for a wrecked/donor/spare parts bike in your neck of the woods (local classifieds) yet ?

I think that might go a VERY long ways towards piecing your bike back together (especially with things like animal critter damage, frayed/cut wiring, dried out seals/rubber hoses - those little things are gonna nickel & dime you if you have to source a bunch of new parts to replace everything that was damaged on yours - just my .02).

G'luck though !

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried looking for a wrecked/donor/spare parts bike in your neck of the woods (local classifieds) yet ?

I think that might go a VERY long ways towards piecing your bike back together (especially with things like animal critter damage, frayed/cut wiring, dried out seals/rubber hoses - those little things are gonna nickel & dime you if you have to source a bunch of new parts to replace everything that was damaged on yours - just my .02).

G'luck though !
Yeah I have found a couple of people with wrecked 954's online. My plan is see if she will turn on first and start and if so will start replacing all the worn parts. Would be good to find a complete crashed one. Just really hope the engine is still good. Hopefully it turns over once I have the tank back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts