Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my new bike, love it, however it misses on low revs under low load, makes traffic tedious, hiccups pulling away from lights, surges slightly on throttle release. Hesitant to accelerate low revs
Dealer doesnt seem to be able to sort it.
Put manometer on it 4 cmHG out of balance.
Wadda you reckon, would appreciate any suggestions

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Recently purchased my new bike, love it, however it misses on low revs under low load, makes traffic tedious, hiccups pulling away from lights, surges slightly on throttle release. Hesitant to accelerate low revs
Dealer doesnt seem to be able to sort it.
Put manometer on it 4 cmHG out of balance.
Wadda you reckon, would appreciate any suggestions

What do you mean by "low revs"?
What bikes are you used to riding in this way?
Sports bikes are not designed to pull from low rpm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By low revs I mean 2.5 - 3k. the sort of revs negotiating heavy traffic, I am not talking about heavy acceleration just a very gentle adjustment of speed. The CB1100 naked is not a full on sports bike, it is overall a lower reving engine. 3k in third = 60 kph

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
By low revs I mean 2.5 - 3k. the sort of revs negotiating heavy traffic, I am not talking about heavy acceleration just a very gentle adjustment of speed. The CB1100 naked is not a full on sports bike, it is overall a lower reving engine. 3k in third = 60 kph

Do Honda have a demo bike here in Perth you can ride for comparison?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, using it on friday when they are checking mine out, they have put a staintune on it tho so not such a good comparison

1 - 5 of 5 Posts