Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 cbr 600 and I came home to it laying on it's right side. we had a real bad wind storm (my plastics were off) but i picked up my bike cleaned it off and it wouldn't start I checked the basics gas/oil/fuses and such but when I checked the spark plugs there was oil in one of the cylinder's on the right side. and it fouled the plug I am picking up spark plugs and oil & filter tonight due to possible fuel in oil now. my question is does anybody think this will be an easy fix or do you think it is time for an overhaul and how do i get the oil out of the cylinder??? any help would be great ty-Al

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a 96 cbr 600 and I came home to it laying on it's right side. we had a real bad wind storm (my plastics were off) but i picked up my bike cleaned it off and it wouldn't start I checked the basics gas/oil/fuses and such but when I checked the spark plugs there was oil in one of the cylinder's on the right side. and it fouled the plug I am picking up spark plugs and oil & filter tonight due to possible fuel in oil now. my question is does anybody think this will be an easy fix or do you think it is time for an overhaul and how do i get the oil out of the cylinder??? any help would be great ty-Al
it is fine there should be nothing to fix with the oil in the cylinder. If your bike cranks over then just get new plugs and start it(if it will) you will smoke for a minute but the oil should clear out quickley. As far as the not starting maybe your angle sensor?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
it is fine there should be nothing to fix with the oil in the cylinder. If your bike cranks over then just get new plugs and start it(if it will) you will smoke for a minute but the oil should clear out quickley. As far as the not starting maybe your angle sensor?

Spot on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts