Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with my 1994 CBR 600 f2 , I bought it fairly recently and didn’t have any problems with it running until two or three weeks ago , I went to get the bike out of the garage and started turning it over as I was backing out of the garage and my right leg was engulfed in flames as I felt heat coming from my right leg , I almost dropped the bike putting it out as my first instinct was to get off the bike , after shutting the bike off I noticed a sizable wet spot in the back right of where the bike was parked in the garage before it was about two feet in diameter and it was all gas , I inspected the exhaust which I didn’t have a muffler on at the time and could see had gas actually in the exhaust and I realized this is the only place the gas could’ve come out of considering everything else on the bike was dry I took the carbs off inspected them and was told they were cleaned right before I purchased the bike which I did confirm. The bike ran fine before this happened I have no idea how this could be happening . And am still confused as to how the gas that got on my leg lit it would’ve had to be ignited by a spark ? The bike also sat for a sizesble amount of time before the person I had bought it off got it it only has 13,000 miles on it not sure if this could cause something on the bike to deteriorate causing this issue but went through all gas lines and didn’t see anything of this nature .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts