Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Honda cbr 900rr and I just got it back from a shop after a month from not riding it !!! I also just paid 364 dollars for the fix anyway not even 24 hours later I stopped at a friends house that lived down a bumpy dirt road (this may have something to do with problem ) I come out to leave and my bike is leaking gas very fast and it is coming from the carb it's the hose that runs out from the carb and into a little black box thing (I'm new to bikes ) and that's the only place it was leaking but it was leaking fast I turned my gas off and in a min or two it stops leaking I then try to start the bike and it does not catch so me and a buddy Tate off the gas tank and its not leaking from any hose coming from the gas tank and I took off the carb cover and filter and low and behold there's gas in one of the carbs all the others are normal I dried up the gas cleaned what I could from it and replaced everything now the bike won't even turn over !!!! Just a click is it possible the gas leaked onto the plugs and ruined them !?? There's gas in it still and I turned that back on and gas continued to leak through the same little bla k box connected to the hose coning from the carb I'm out of patience and ideas can someone please please give me some ideas of a fix !!! Preferably one that doesn't involve going To a shop !! :eek::mad:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a 1999 Honda cbr 900rr and I just got it back from a shop after a month from not riding it !!! I also just paid 364 dollars for the fix anyway not even 24 hours later I stopped at a friends house that lived down a bumpy dirt road (this may have something to do with problem ) I come out to leave and my bike is leaking gas very fast and it is coming from the carb it's the hose that runs out from the carb and into a little black box thing (I'm new to bikes ) and that's the only place it was leaking but it was leaking fast I turned my gas off and in a min or two it stops leaking I then try to start the bike and it does not catch so me and a buddy Tate off the gas tank and its not leaking from any hose coming from the gas tank and I took off the carb cover and filter and low and behold there's gas in one of the carbs all the others are normal I dried up the gas cleaned what I could from it and replaced everything now the bike won't even turn over !!!! Just a click is it possible the gas leaked onto the plugs and ruined them !?? There's gas in it still and I turned that back on and gas continued to leak through the same little bla k box connected to the hose coning from the carb I'm out of patience and ideas can someone please please give me some ideas of a fix !!! Preferably one that doesn't involve going To a shop !! :eek::mad:

Sounds like you have a cylinder full of fuel, pull the spark plug out.
I can't think what the black box is you refer to but I would pull the vacuum hose off the fuel tap and see if fuel comes out, if it does the diaphram has failed.
Is this what you put it in to repair or is this a new problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking your right I pulled it out and it was worn and warped thank you very much ill post again when everything's running good !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts