Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 929 it was stolen and recovered by the police, once recovered it went into the shop to get fixed where it stayed for about 5 months because the mechaninc couldnt fix it. Come to find out it was a bad ignition and the mechanic fried my ECM. So I replaced them both. The bike started up fine I drove it around the block and then it sat for the night the next morning I came out to start it and it wouldnt start. The plugs were fouled so I replaced them the bike started up fine, it idled a little little low but it started. I ran it for about 15 minutes shut it off and then went to start it again and it wouldnt start I just pulled out the plug and it was fouled again. Any ideas on what could be wrong.

·
Registered
162 Posts
BUCKAS said:
So I have a 929 it was stolen and recovered by the police, once recovered it went into the shop to get fixed where it stayed for about 5 months because the mechaninc couldnt fix it. Come to find out it was a bad ignition and the mechanic fried my ECM. So I replaced them both. The bike started up fine I drove it around the block and then it sat for the night the next morning I came out to start it and it wouldnt start. The plugs were fouled so I replaced them the bike started up fine, it idled a little little low but it started. I ran it for about 15 minutes shut it off and then went to start it again and it wouldnt start I just pulled out the plug and it was fouled again. Any ideas on what could be wrong.
I had a goofy idleing / rough running problem with my '00 929. Turned out that the fuel pressure regulator bladder had a crack in it and was letting fuel leak through the vacuum line into the number 1 cylinder during idle and would the run super-mega-unbelievably rich off idle...(Im calling the riders left-most cylinder the #1 cylinder)

To check if this is the case take off the tank and airbox cover so you can see into the throttle body throat, turn the key on to pressurize the fuel rail, (don't start it, goofball!) and look for a wet surface on the inside of the TB.

If this in't the case, well then I wasted alot of time typing, didn't i?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
motoguzzipilot, that's great info thanks.

BUCKAS, does the bike have a powercommander?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I also am experiencing the same problem MGuzzi had. So I read on another forum from a guy with the same problem where it was his fuel pressure regulator. According to him the from the mechanic the way he said to check it was to have the bike idling and carfully feel if #1 and #4 header is cool the 2 middle will be very,very hot. If they are cool then the 1,4 plugs are fouled and the pressure regulator is bad.:idunno:
So I did this test and mine were cool so I am now waiting on the FPR to come in. But when mine is idling it also is very rich and idles real rough like an ATV:eek: So hopefully this will cure the problem and I can now ride the damn thing:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
DaveM said:
I also am experiencing the same problem MGuzzi had. So I read on another forum from a guy with the same problem where it was his fuel pressure regulator. According to him the from the mechanic the way he said to check it was to have the bike idling and carfully feel if #1 and #4 header is cool the 2 middle will be very,very hot. If they are cool then the 1,4 plugs are fouled and the pressure regulator is bad.:idunno:
So I did this test and mine were cool so I am now waiting on the FPR to come in. But when mine is idling it also is very rich and idles real rough like an ATV:eek: So hopefully this will cure the problem and I can now ride the damn thing:D
yeah, an excessively rich cylinder will have a cooler header than a lean one, and that's a good test. I guess it's easier than sticking your head in between the tank and the throttle bodies...but not nearly as much fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts