Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
Tell us what year and model CBR and we'll try.

It actually looks like the screw on top of a single carburettor with the rubber protector of the cable entry. Of course that doesn't make sense if it's a modern CBR, BUT an older model 125 for instance, would have similar such as:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought it from someone who didn't ride it often. Where can I tell on the bike such information?

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
I just bought it from someone who didn't ride it often. Where can I tell on the bike such information?
Are you serious? You mean that you do not know what you purchased?

Is there no paperwork with the bike? Surely the bike has a decal or sticker saying CBR with a number like 250R or 900RR or 1000RR.

Best way might be if you take a pic of the bike and post it on here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you serious? You mean that you do not know what you purchased?

Is there no paperwork with the bike? Surely the bike has a decal or sticker saying CBR with a number like 250R or 900RR or 1000RR.

Best way might be if you take a pic of the bike and post it on here!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
That is one VERY old bike.

I'm not even sure that it is a Honda. Certainly the 'CBR' on the side fairing is a rough sticker of the type I've not seen on Hondas, and its quality is not of Honda character. Similarly, the tank has a rectangle Honda sticker of the type I have not seen before.

Further inspection shows the bike has a kick start lever. these have not been used (to my knowledge) in the modern 'CBR' era. I cannot be sure what market this bike is from, and I cannot work out your location from the small flag icon, but given the pics are taken with a Xiaomi M2003J15SC phone camera, I suspect the bike is specific to the Asian market.

Anyway, to answer your original question, I note a 'choke' lever on the left switch assembly. That supports my initial suggestion that the part is, most likely, the top fitting a the carburettor.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Looking for the flag it came up as Papua New Guinea, looking at the Rev counter 14000 for a Honda is high , I know the Kawasaki's got up to that , the Steering lock is Honda but like you I think its a bits-n-pieces bike, and twin front discs (must have had some power:giggle:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@nigelrb, No the person I bought it from is my cousin and he has taken leave so I don't want to disturb him. Will let you know once/if I find out.

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
@nigelrb, No the person I bought it from is my cousin and he has taken leave so I don't want to disturb him. Will let you know once/if I find out.
Thanks for replying. My main interest is if you might have a special Asian release that we've never seen over here. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts