Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

My friend's 1000RR (2007), has an problem. We installed an aftermarket (jardine) exhaust recently. After that FI light is glowing and battery drains often. We recharged the battery several times, but the it was of no use.

What must be the problem? Please help me out..

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Dear all,

My friend's 1000RR (2007), has an problem. We installed an aftermarket (jardine) exhaust recently. After that FI light is glowing and battery drains often. We recharged the battery several times, but the it was of no use.

What must be the problem? Please help me out..

Thanks in advance
Did you keep the O2 sensor? If not, that might explain the light. Does it throw a code?
Is the battery draining overnight or only when riding? You need to check the charging system.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Also if you removed the servo that operates the exhaust valve in the mid pipe. It should be left in place so it thinks it still operates the valve. Unplugging it will set a code and FI light.

As blade says, the charging system will have to be checked. You didn't say but I assume the FI light only comes on while running the engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think so it the same problem related to the servo-valve as you have said.
After starting the bike, it first blinks 3 times and blinks a little faster for 4 times. this keeps on happening. Now how should I handle the servo-valve problem?. As of now it is just idle.

·
Registered
900 Posts
that is code 34 ie your h-vix code, just reconect the exhaust servo with out the cables and all will be fine...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone....
can any of you pls help me out....
i just installed a Jardine slip-on exhaust on my bike. but the thing is that my bike has got some issues after that... it suddenly looses power after some time of riding.... i dont know what the problem is.... my battery is also drained...!
guys pls help me out......

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi everyone....
can any of you pls help me out....
i just installed a Jardine slip-on exhaust on my bike. but the thing is that my bike has got some issues after that... it suddenly looses power after some time of riding.... i dont know what the problem is.... my battery is also drained...!
guys pls help me out......
Sounds like the charging system.
Do the tests detailed in the manual to determine if the stator or regulator have failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the fuel pump or the fuel injuctor has to do anything cuz of battery drain....
cuz after i ride it for sometime it looses power. i cannot accelerate and the bike comes to a complete stop....

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Does the fuel pump or the fuel injuctor has to do anything cuz of battery drain....
cuz after i ride it for sometime it looses power. i cannot accelerate and the bike comes to a complete stop....
Yes, as the voltage drops the injectors and fuel pump will stop working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think this is the problem with my bike.....
I have already ordered a new battery....
Ill replace the battery and let you know whatever it is...
thanks mate.... really appreciate it....!
Cheers..!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Cheers..!
Rookie move!

Unless you've tested the stator and rectifier, replacing the battery likely won't fix this issue.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Cheers..!
It's unlikely to be the battery that's the problem.
Much more likely to be the stator.
Much better to spend the money on a manual so you can determine what needs replacing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts