Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have been having trouble getting my bike to start. I havent ha it running since dec because i lost my key but when i found it i tried to start it and nothing. One of my friends started messing with the idle skrew to see if it would work and nothin. I have been moving the idle skrew back and forth and i dont get anything. It wants to fire but it will just fire two or three cylinders then shut off. What can i do? What would be the most possible cause?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same issue with my 99' 900rr and my problem was fouled spark plugs. depending on the year of your bike, if it has a manual choke cold weather will make the choke not open fully and cause the spark plugs to wet foul and the easiest way to solve it is to simply replace them. also you may want to check to ensure your battery is fully charged because if not then you wont get enough power to the plugs and that will also cause them to wet foul.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i took out the spark plugs today and cleaned them and i got her started for a min then it quit on me but ill try that im sure it will fire up thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've never had much luck cleaning plugs on sportbikes. In the end you will probably be buying new plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i already drained the gas before i tried strarting it again which was about two weeks ago but it also has sta-bil in it and yeah ill probably will be gettin new plugs tomorrow so ill see what happens

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Dont you just love it when its nice and simple.....oh! and cheap.:smilebig:
But it can be the most frustrating thing as you usually don't think of it when your working on it yourself!

Glad shes running :idunno:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Now do yourself a favor and run some Seafoam through there to clean those carbs and combustion chambers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad to hear it was something simple, it always seem to be the things you never think to check because your too busy trouble shooting the big stuff. Glad to hear she's back up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi guys need your peoples help.........my bike (honda cbr 900) 1999 model can not idle any lower than 1400rpm....if i does it stalls....any suggestions and help would be appreciated...ohh im also running on yoshimura pipe..... :) thanx in advance......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts