Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry about delay matey had to take car for MOT, here it is straight from the UK manual
View attachment 109196 View attachment 109197
No problem mate, hope all was well.
cheers for this , will check it this evening.
be handy to have a manual got out bided on one few weeks back
just have a haynes manual which isnt great

should be back on the road in the next 4 - 6 weeks once ive finished servicing work and general tidy up
roll on the good biking weather . :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
checked as per manual, everything fine.

engine running sweet, just finished tightening up APE manual cam chain adjuster , hopefully not too tight .

was nothing wrong with oem one , i always change them to manual ones on bikes known to have issues with them just as a precaution when i change bikes .

seems though i have a low voltage on indicators max 10volts . waiting for some new rear led's so cant say yet if all are working.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
i doubt if you can test it other than for continuity. the ECU sends a signal and energises the ship which transmit its code back to the ECU all within a few milliseconds - something like that anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i doubt if you can test it other than for continuity. the ECU sends a signal and energises the ship which transmit its code back to the ECU all within a few milliseconds - something like that anyway.
all my wires read 12v , and loom is missing the pink wire

seems the ignition has been replaced at some point wires are in different positions and this one has no zener diode where one should be

since swapping key chip to my non broken key ive have no problems with priming and firing up the bike .

only my broken key had a chip inside .

my only problem remains with the indicators which dont work properly , when either side indicator is on it flashes normal rate when it should go off they remain on but go dim
so they are flashing but not cycling on/off

i tried resistors no joy.
i've ordered a new indicator relay specific for led's hope this solves it .

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Morning, the Ignition Switch on the 929 doesn't have a Pink wire or Zener Diode , thats on the USA bikes the only Pink wire on the UK bike is from the HISS to the ECU, have you got LED indicators all round, which was the LED indicator kit you put on

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Morning, the Ignition Switch on the 929 doesn't have a Pink wire or Zener Diode , thats on the USA bikes the only Pink wire on the UK bike is from the HISS to the ECU, have you got LED indicators all round, which was the LED indicator kit you put on
Hi, Oh ok i was concerned about ignition wires, no need. great.

yes led's all round
links below of ones i brought
LED Clear Front Flush Mount Winker Indicators Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade 00-01 5056149094498 | eBay
Eyeshot NANO Black LED Indicator Motorcycle Smallest LED Indicators Pair | eBay

this is the relay ive ordered awaiting delivery
2-Pin LED Flasher Relay Turn Indicator Light Blinker For Honda Yamaha Motorbike | eBay

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Although I'd of used a 3pin Led unit;)
one on bike is a two pin unit, although the loom has 3 wires. maybe this has been changed in the past.

all the ones i could find were 2 wire, and this one is listed as fine for mine?

whats 3 wires for?

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Sounds like someone's already altered it, usually 3 pin with Earth, Power in, and Pulse out, like this one connectors supplied, even has a variable flash rate, never tried it though ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sounds like someone's already altered it, usually 3 pin with Earth, Power in, and Pulse out, like this one connectors supplied, even has a variable flash rate, never tried it though ;)
i ordered this one yesterday thanks for the link, just a shame im going to have to chop connection block off and do abit of soldering , dont like altering looms if i can help it.

will let you know if it works.
thanks

21 - 32 of 32 Posts